This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: DJ Foodie book - Taking Out The Carbage  (Read 3740 times)

BarbinNC

• View Profile
DJ Foodie book - Taking Out The Carbage
« on: August 07, 2016, 07:18:11 AM »
I received an email offer to download a sample copy of his book, and will definitely be ordering it.  Here is the link, but if it doesn't work for you (it might be email specific, not sure) just go to Lowcarbzen.com and see if they will send you a link.  Amazing recipes and pictures, and his amazing story, to boot!

https://gallery.mailchimp.com/07a6dd4326bc357237e2a5f1d/files/Taking_Out_the_Carbage_LCZ_SAMPLE_PREVIEW.pdf

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
Re: DJ Foodie book - Taking Out The Carbage
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2016, 09:36:48 AM »
Pretty amazing before and after pics!

deanna in AR

• WF Sept. 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2016, 10:36:30 AM »
Looks like a great cookbook...interesting story and I like his writing style...and cooking style. Thanks, Barb!

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2016, 03:06:37 PM »
That taco soup looks good!

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2016, 04:11:16 AM »
Good find!

I like the fact that he is an experienced chef and has spent a lot of time and effort to develop flavor using low carb ingredients in his dishes.  His explanations are easy to understand and the recipes aren't complicated. 

BarbinNC

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2016, 05:21:52 AM »
I agree, it shows that he's a chef and knows what he's doing - great recipes!  There was another freebie I received, about "Taming The Sugar Monster" with some good advice, most of them well known to us Oldies but Goodies.  8)   In it was the link to their Pinterest Page, with some good chicken casserole ideas, well worth checking out if you have time!  https://www.pinterest.com/pin/46513808629972283/

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2016, 07:16:38 AM »
I think the TV show was called "Low Carb and Loving It", but I may be wrong.  The Food Network channel carried it, but I can't seem to find a schedule at all.  George Stella was the chef.  He has many other cookbooks out.  Perhaps someone with better research skills can find a timetable when the shows are to be aired.

BarbinNC

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2016, 06:33:01 AM »
My book arrived yesterday, and I've been fascinated with all the recipes, gorgeous fullpage color pictures, and nutritional information it holds.  It looks and feels like a beautiful art book, one you would put out on the living room table, to be admired.  Seriously, just a treasure, I see it as the low carb bible of sorts, reminds me of how I felt about The Joy of Cooking when I came to the US and of course, also my beloved Bayrisches Kochbuch.  8)

It's a bit costly by today's amazon standards, but I gladly support this guy, he gives everything away on his blog and website, but it's nice to have it all bound and in one place, to search.  And did I mention the pictures?  To die for .  ;D

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2016, 07:37:17 AM »
BarbinNC,

The book is very heavy!  At first I thought there were too many recipes from his blog site, but various comments indicate that there are many new ones.  Like you, i like the fact that everything is in 1 place!  It sure will take me a while to go through the book, but so far I'm liking his instructions, special pointers, general ideas and the simplicity of most recipes.  The fact that he loves the food he cooks and wants the dishes to be delicious and enjoyable come through clearly.  Nothing weird or odd tasting.  He also has lots of charts and carb counters and the book is well indexed.  I can see I am going to make good use of this book! 

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2016, 07:37:17 AM »

Sponsored Links