This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Blueberry Lime Chia Seed Jam  (Read 842 times)

BarbinNC

• View Profile
Blueberry Lime Chia Seed Jam
« on: August 12, 2016, 05:29:13 AM »
http://www.lowcarbmaven.com/blueberry-lime-chia-seed-jam/

Happened to come across this recipe this morning, and just got some nice organic limes the other day and have some chia seeds I need to use up, so going to try this one.  And make the scones too, DD has been having more carb cravings, and I will start making her more baked goods for the time being.  I hope it works out well, and will report back, once I've tried it, I think it looks yummy.  :)

deanna in AR

• WF Sept. 2011
    • View Profile
Re: Blueberry Lime Chia Seed Jam
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2016, 10:11:27 AM »
Hi Barb, this is very similar to the refrigerator jam recipe:

http://wheatfreeforum.com/index.php/topic,1886.msg16748.html#msg16748

It is delicious. I used extra strawberries instead of rhubarb (which was not available). I liked it on the Pure Wraps with peanut butter.

BarbinNC

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2016, 08:16:25 AM »
Hi Deanna, I've made that one, and you're right - it's super yummy!  I have been reading about organic strawberries lately, and seems they aren't as organic as we are lead to believe.  Until I am convinced of the opposite, I'm going to try and keep as many toxic ingredients away from us as possible.  Really sad, because I love them, and so does the family.  But organic blueberries seem to be ok, at least to the best of my knowledge.  For tiny GS, it really makes a difference, and also for new baby growing right now.  I think we older ones have enough immunity (hopefully) to ward off ill effects of the inevitable toxins in the world, but for now, I'm really trying to be as clean as is possible in our world.

But it is a great reminder that the Chia seeds really help with quick gel, that reminds me, I also want to use more of the grass fed gelatin I have on hand, might just throw some in with this jam and see how it does!   ;D

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2016, 08:16:25 AM »

Sponsored Links