This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: GF/SF Granola  (Read 1178 times)

BarbinNC

• View Profile
GF/SF Granola
« on: August 14, 2016, 08:19:10 AM »
http://www.sugarfreemom.com/recipes/crock-pot-grain-free-low-carb-sugar-free-granola/

I have a bunch of nuts and seeds on hand, and will try my hand at this super easy sounding recipe for granola.  It's something we all miss, that crunchy topping for yoghurt, or just a quick handful for snack.  I love crockpot recipes right now - it's just too hot to turn oven on for any length of time. 

I made her crockpot meatloaf too, and everyone loved it.  Think I posted that recipe, but will check to make sure, it's really super, and I'm making one for Mom today, with the tomato topping.  YUM!!

Brunella Brunet

• View Profile
Re: GF/SF Granola
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2016, 05:49:02 PM »
that sounds wonderful. must try soon as I love granola.

Michael Beechey

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2016, 01:45:55 PM »
question from a newbie

what is the glutinous substance that comes out of cooked oats that so resembles gluten?

Bob Niland (Boundless)

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2016, 08:11:15 PM »
re: what is the glutinous substance that comes out of cooked oats that so resembles gluten?

Perhaps some analog of gluten, as the avenin protein of oats is an analog of gliadin. Being sky-hi-gly is not the only problem with oats (for example, 70% of production in the US contains troubling levels of Ochratoxin A).

Oats are commonly cross-contaminated with wheat, but not likely to the extent that gluten is present in amounts useful for texture.

Wheat Free Market Foods sells a GF low carb granola for anyone who doesn't want to make their own.

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2016, 08:11:15 PM »

Sponsored Links