This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Brunch Recipes  (Read 1200 times)

BarbinNC

• View Profile
Brunch Recipes
« on: August 15, 2016, 08:30:11 AM »
Our family loves brunch.  We often get together for brunch on the weekend, instead of dinner now.  I've been collecting good recipes and always look for new ideas. Came across this interesting blog and thought I'd share, because I care   ;D

http://joyfilledeats.com/brunch-recipe-round-up/

Enjoy!

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
Re: Brunch Recipes
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2016, 10:12:28 AM »
BarbinNC,

Nice recipes!  Like you, I'm always happy with a new recipe and new ideas of how to make them.  I think a we get older,  eating a larger meal at mid-day is easier for us to digest than a big meal in the evening. 

That Taking Out the Carbage is a very interesting cookbook.  I read the comments on Amazon and was really impressed.  With so many decent recipes online available, you really have to offer something special to expect people to buy a 6-7lb. cookbook!  One person commented on his recipe for a meatloaf covered with bacon and made with cheese and chia for extra moistness!  Another commented on his recipe for salmon and fennel.  A rueben!
Corned beef hash! 

DJ Foodie is a graduate of The Culinary Institute of America.  The New York campus is about an hour north of my home.  I have eaten numerous meals there and those students are really well trained in techniques, food combinations, spices and basically all aspects of cooking your food.  It is a treat to have a meal there!  Reservations are made months and months in advance for their restaurants. 

I sure don't "need" another cookbook, but the recipes he developed show his skill and experience using low carb ingredients to make delicious, easy to  prepare meals as only a well trained professional can do.  As much as I liked Paleo Perfected by America's Test Kitchen's, I think I'm going to like this one more! 

Thank you for posting this.

bill

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2016, 04:36:00 PM »
Taking out the Carbage. Haha.
I didn't know there was a low carb show on
the food network.  And he was 470 pounds?!
Has anyone watched the show?

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2016, 06:55:18 PM »
Bill,

There are many of his recipes on line.  Just use your search engine, typing in DJFoodie.  Most of the recipes are simple and use the ingredients we all probably have on hand.  He explains each step of the recipe simply and describes what you should watch for while making it.  He certainly is inventive and delights in using ordinary ingredients to make low carb favorites. 

I didn't know there was a low carb show either. 

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2016, 06:55:18 PM »

Sponsored Links