This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Dr. John Doulliard's new book  (Read 7732 times)

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
Dr. John Doulliard's new book
« on: September 09, 2016, 08:18:57 AM »
I always like Dr. John Doulliard.   I have several of his ayurvedic supplements.   I was sort of surprised to see that he is coming out with a new book (in much the same color scheme/look/feel as Dr. Davis' book) called Eat Wheat.   It comes out in January, but the kindle version is available now.

https://www.amazon.com/Eat-Wheat-Scientific-Clinically-Proven-Approach/dp/1683500091

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
Re: Dr. John Doulliard's new book
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2016, 08:37:04 AM »
Rita,

This really should be an interesting book.  From the 4 Amazon comments, this book might be a good second chapter to the Wheat Belly and Grain Brain way of eating.  I don't doubt that an impaired digestive system is a root cause of many health problems.  Can't wait until its available in paperback....kindle is not my favorite way to read anything!

Thanks for posting.

bill

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2016, 08:20:40 AM »
"[size=0px]From the 4 Amazon comments..."[/size]
[/size]
[/size][size=0px]The first of which appears to have been written[/size]
[/size][size=0px]by the good doctor himself.[/size]

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2016, 03:15:30 PM »
I looked at Dr. Doulliard's web site.  Very interesting because he seems to understand how and why our body gets sick and how it can get well using ancient methods.  He just developed herbal drops designed to help your lymphatic system drain, clean and generally function better.  Maybe I just never noticed any product designed to do this for our most basic and important system which is almost always overlooked by our medical doctors unless you have really swollen glands.  I ordered 2 bottles!  I thought that my Boomer Body could use a good tonic and cleanse of everything lymphatic.  The 2 bottles should be a 2 -3 month supply which is the typical time frame expected for these herbals to work.  Inexpensive too. 

Dr. Doulliard has written quite a few articles which are informative and easy to understand.  It really is worth spending a bit of time exploring his web site and learning how different medical systems work.

Thank you Rita!

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2016, 08:17:10 PM »
You are welcome Barbara.  I love his site and articles.    The 2 supplements that I have from the LifeSpa are Triphala and Manjistha.   I just take those periodically to support elimination and the liver, and to move lymph.  Which ones did you order?   

I'll be curious about his book. 

bill

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2016, 09:20:16 PM »
After we all read it will we have to shut
down this discussion site?

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2016, 10:03:32 PM »
After we all read it will we have to shut down this discussion site?

lol

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2016, 03:49:22 AM »
Rita,

I ordered the Lymph Cleanse to flush my lymphatic system.  It is a liquid made from 5 herbs in an alcohol base, 30 servings per bottle.  $13.95 per bottle.  You place 30 drops in some water once or twice a day.  I've used most of these herbs alone, but not together.  Seems that when used together, they are more effective than only 1 at a time.  With our lymphatic system being the largest circulatory system in our body, it made sense to me to do this.

Ayurvedic Medicine addresses this system first and considers it the most basic for good health.  I've also found that products developed by healers such as Dr. Doulliard are usually quite effective and need to be used only short term.  The synergy of the herbs is a very important aspect as is the quality of the ingredients and how they are prepared. 

I'll report back about the effects of this product. 

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2016, 06:01:57 AM »
I'll look forward to hearing how you liked them.

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2017, 02:00:48 PM »
Has anyone read this book yet?

He's got a Plant Summit interview at this link, which is available for the next 24 hours.   This was an excellent interview!

http://plantmedicinesummit.com/program/62

deanna in AR

• WF Sept. 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2017, 05:04:47 PM »
Thanks, Rita. I listened to the plant summit interview. VERY interesting. Lots to think about.

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2017, 11:56:29 AM »
I like his focus on the lymphatic system.   So important, yet something most experts never address.

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2017, 12:10:28 PM »
Here's the discussion that Dr. Doulliard mentioned in his Plant Summit talk that he had with Dr. Perlmutter.

Bob Niland (Boundless)

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2017, 08:18:55 PM »
Rita: Here's the discussion that Dr. Doulliard mentioned in his Plant Summit talk that he had with Dr. Perlmutter.

Perlmutter was polite about it, but he basically demolished Doulliard, who clearly had not thought through the implications what steps are need to heal the gut, and the consequences of re-introducing wheat. As I remarked in a Cureality Forum discussion in January

I watched the whole thing when Dr.P first posted it. Took notes. I figure somebody's gonna bring it up on the WB blog sooner or later. I'm in no hurry to buy a copy. Amazon has generous Look-Inside for anyone who wants to review the ToC and Index.

As one of the commentators on Perlmutter's blog pointed out, the book basically has a misleading (click bait) title. It should have been something like "It's Not Just The Wheat", but then it would sell fewer copies to people reluctant to confront their Krispy Kreme addictions.

Perlmutter laid some praise on the book, but the interview spent zero time on whatever value it might have (there may be some gold in that lymph mine). Douillard appeared to be only prepared to run his talking points, and was not expecting to be under the microscope, or called on his contradictions.

The bottom line, to pick up where <> left off, is:
 Douillard: Don't eat wheat with a broken gut.
 Douillard: Fix your gut first, and then
 Perlmutter: Expect to break it again immediately if you eat wheat.

Another striking interchange from the interview, which happened twice, went something like:
Perlmutter: but what about this killer paper indicting grains on...?
D
ouillard: well, there are papers on the other side of that too
Perlmutter: so how do you resolve these conflicts?
Douillard: I rely on my clinical experience

Perhaps not coincidentally, Dr. Davis put up an on-point blog post a few days later:
 Grains: Perfect Obesogens.

Douillard clearly is aware of gliadin, zonulin and WGA. He's apparently in denial about how relentless these toxins are for everyone.

A 10,000 year old mistake is still a mistake.

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2017, 07:47:04 AM »
Boundless,

Right on!  To be made edible, grains were labor intensive though out history.  Using grains in your diet was limited until machinery came along to mill it better than stone and rocks.  Perhaps this limited use kept our guts from being damaged the why they are today. 
When you add in the herbicides, pesticides and GMO's of the last 50 years and the proliferation of their use in packaged food, the result is apparent. 

I really enjoy cooking, especially international cuisines.  Older cookbooks and recipes from around the world tend to use vinegars, dried fruits and vegetables, nuts, citrus, spices etc. instead of the sugar and wheat/starches used today.  Cooks needed some skill to create meals.  Salt, pepper, garlic and onion were the most commonly used to flavor food.  Brines, smoking and dehydrating were sought after skills to preserve the food available.  Food was expensive and rarely was anything wasted. 

Important in Duolliards message is the role of the lymphatic system.  Eating veggies (at least half your plate) will keep this vital system clean, all the way down to your guts.  Ayurvedic and Chinese medicine seem to agree on this.  The people from that side of the world did not eat much in the way of grains at all until after WWII, and then it was mainly rice or perhaps barley and both were expensive.  Root vegetables were your starches/thickeners/sweeteners.  Digestive issues were not nearly as prolific as today.

As Boundless pointed out, you can heal your gut by abstaining from grains.  Why on earth would you want to start eating the very things which we now know caused you health problems to begin with?  Before WWII, grains and sugar were limited because of expense and availability.  Just ask your great grandmothers or browse through some old cookbooks.

bill

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2017, 01:14:46 PM »
Well put.

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2017, 05:53:07 PM »
I agree that his title is gimmicky.   But I do think he has some very good information on digestion and the lymphatic system

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2017, 05:06:36 AM »
Rita,

My guess it is the marketing genius's way to sell the book.  I really respected Dr. Doulliard and his adaptation of Ayurvedic principles to modern medicine.  That respect is somewhat diminished now.  However, I agree that there is a lot of good information in the book about digestion and the lymphatic system. 

Those of us who have been grain and sugar free for years now (just over 4 years for me) seem to finally be dealing with root causes of our health issues.  Doulliard's guidance on these issues is very helpful.  Even now, most doctors just don't deal with them so we must do the searching for information ourselves.  Helping your lymphatic system cleanse itself is paramount and should always be addressed first because that is the natural way.  Just too bad that this way of thinking is just hitting the mainstream now.

As Boundless pointed out, a 10,000 year old mistake is still a mistake.  Grains were never supposed to be a major portion of our diet.
Perhaps it was the lure of displaying your wealth or power by having expensive and labor intensive grains readily available for your table.  No one really knows the answer.  Most anthropologists can pinpoint when changes in skeletal remains occurred and the corresponding introduction of grains and sugar into diets is compelling.

As a cook, I know that most dried beans and nuts/seeds can be worked into a flour consistency with some effort.  However, these flours do not store well and their rancidness becomes readily apparent.  Grain flours store better and for longer periods so this might have been a factor as well.

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2017, 05:06:36 AM »

Sponsored Links