This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Autoimmune disease and probiotics  (Read 904 times)

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
Autoimmune disease and probiotics
« on: December 21, 2016, 03:00:34 PM »
The probiotic strain of Lactobacillus reuteri could be used to treat various autoimmune diseases.

http://medicalxpress.com/news/2016-12-gut-bacteria-key-autoimmune-disease.html

Bob Niland (Boundless)

• View Profile
Re: Autoimmune disease and probiotics
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2016, 03:53:19 PM »
The more important question here is:
is L.reuteri normally present in a healthy gut, and if so, what's causing it to go missing?

My guess is that the answers are:
. probably, and
. much of what consensus medicine routinely does, plus pervasive antagonists in standard diets and various elements of our personal environments

Take away - get your gut in order and keep it that way (a task presently getting trickier every day).

How's that bankcard commercial go?
What's in your tap water?

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2016, 04:49:00 PM »
The more important question here is:is L.reuteri normally present in a healthy gut, and if so, what's causing it to go missing?

Interestingly, I did the uBiome test on my own gut, and I don't have any Lactobacillus or Bifidobacteria.  (Bummer!)

Luckily, I'm not experiencing any autoimmunity symptoms.   I do apparently have a more diverse gut compared to other uBiome testers.  (Perhaps because I'm a nail biter.)  I have a fair amount of Akkermansia.

But back to Lactobacillus reuters, it looks like it also promotes the production of the "bonding hormone" oxytocin, which is known to play a crucial role in social behavior and has been associated with autism in humans.   
http://www.neuroscientistnews.com/research-news/single-species-gut-bacteria-can-reverse-autism-related-social-behavior-mice#.V2RS9RSVK3w.facebook

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2016, 04:49:00 PM »

Sponsored Links