This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Avocado and Sauerkraut  (Read 658 times)

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
Avocado and Sauerkraut
« on: January 15, 2017, 06:50:40 AM »
I get rather bored with eating an avocado nearly daily, no matter how I prepare it.  I came across a recipe I jotted down many years ago and then was reminded of this by a recipe on Dr. Mercola's blog site. 

You simply slice up your avocado, add sauerkraut to cover and salt and pepper to taste.  This concoction was actually delicious!  The avocado lends a creaminess to the taste of sauerkraut.  Next time I have this, I will experiment with some additional spices. 

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
Re: Avocado and Sauerkraut
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2017, 09:37:27 AM »
I might have to try that today.   I've got 2 avocado's in the fridge, and just can't seem to eat them.  Burned out.

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2017, 10:14:06 AM »
Rita,

Burned out is right!  This variation is tasty, at least to me.  Let us know your opinion. 

By the way, I use cultured sauerkraut made by Amish farmers or FarmHouse Culture brand found in many supermarkets (refrigerated section).  Both are mild tasting and delicious, not harsh or salty at all.

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2017, 10:14:06 AM »

Sponsored Links