This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Digestive Enzymes  (Read 1267 times)

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
Digestive Enzymes
« on: March 25, 2017, 08:53:18 PM »
Here's an interesting perspective on the use of digestive enzymes:

http://lifespa.com/digestive-enzymes-the-hidden-dangers/#

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
Re: Digestive Enzymes
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2017, 12:45:27 PM »
This is really interesting.  I'd bet that eating the greens he recommends, taking tumeric and drinking the fenugreek tea would be very
helpful in cleaning out the congestion. 

I had digestive issues for years.  My doctor recommended antacids.  At first I got relief, but it didn't last.  After starting the Wheat Belly way of eating, I slowly began to heal my sore stomach.  Gulping down HCL and digestive enzymes, I added Manuka honey, mastic gum and DGL.  Digestion had improved markedly and I was weaning myself off these supplements. 

I started several meals a week in restaurants and my digestion became worse and worse.  Bloating was painful.  Various scans of my gallbladder were negative for stones.  I started taking GallBladder Complete and got relief.  Chanca Piedra also helped.  Now I'm thinking that there is probably too much congestion still in my intestines just as Dr. Doullard describes and that is why I still have the stomach bloat and often feel uncomfortable after eating. His recommendations for eating abundant greens, beets and artichokes are simple enough to follow as is drinking fenugreek tea and several other easy to do items for breaking up the congestion that he suggests develops.  This idea seems to make sense and certainly worth exploring.

Thank you for posting this Rita!

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2017, 06:00:55 PM »
Barbara-  I was looking for fenugreek tea in the store the other day, but couldn't find it.  Probably something you have to buy online.   I ended up purchasing fenugreek supplements instead.  I'll be curious how that helps with bloat.   I too think I have lymphatic congestion, which would make sense from many years of trying to go 'fat-free'.   I basically stopped bile production. 

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2017, 06:00:55 PM »

Sponsored Links