This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: How long  (Read 879 times)

jaandlynn

• View Profile
How long
« on: April 12, 2017, 02:43:13 AM »
Hi all

I'm on day 6 of starting this and have terrible stomach discomfort, muscle twitches in my calves, irritability, and insomnia. Have others experienced this and did it last long. I'm really thinking about having wheat in small quantities if it will make this stop. Any thoughts or advice. I feel very alone in this and could use support.

bill

• View Profile
Re: How long
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2017, 10:07:27 AM »
I have not heard of this before.  Wonder if Dr. Davis
has addressed it.  Certainly might be an addiction.
Sorry to hear.

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2017, 11:20:11 AM »
Muscle twitches can be a sign of a magnesium deficiency.   For fast relief, perhaps an epson salt bath to absorb magnesium through the skin.   Otherwise, really try to increase your greens.  You may need to supplement as well.

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2017, 08:17:22 AM »
Rita is correct about the muscle twitches.  Magnesium relaxes muscles and potassium stiffens them.  A mineral supplement is probably needed since our food supply is so deficient in minerals.  Unsweetened coconut water is helpful as well but is very sweet and should be mixed with water.  Wheat withdrawal symptoms usually aren't as severe when you take extra minerals.  Pre and probiotics, fermented vegetables are excellent.  Keeping hydrated is also extremely important because your body is eliminating foods that it doesn't like so flushing out your system will help "clean" it.

Bob Niland (Boundless)

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2017, 08:43:29 AM »
jaandlynn: I'm on day 6 of starting this…

What is "this"? If the Wheat Belly program, what books or other reference information are you relying on, and what are you doing to follow it?

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2017, 08:43:29 AM »

Sponsored Links