This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Fresh ground wheat berries  (Read 1213 times)

arydberg

• View Profile
Fresh ground wheat berries
« on: June 01, 2017, 01:59:36 AM »
I may get a lot of flack for this but my approach to get away from wheat in my diet is not directed at wheat.    It is directed at modern wheat and the flout that it is made from. 
The problem with wheat starts with the killing it before it is even harvested by dousing it with Glyphospate.    ( Round Up)   Then all the wheat germ is removed from it and replaced with synthetic  vitimans and this is followed with presertavies.    The end result is a worthless food.       
My approach is to buy organic wheat berries and then grind the wheat berries just before using the flour to bake bread.    This  one step  eliminates many really bad substances  that have been added to wheat and gets it back to a real food.     

Bob Niland (Boundless)

• View Profile
Re: Fresh ground wheat berries
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2017, 09:50:31 AM »
arydberg: I may get a lot of flack for this...

Nah, but this is, after all, a wheat-free site. You make your comestible choices; metabolic mayhem follows, or not.

Here's my Wheat Rap Sheet. Sourdough preparation helps with maybe one or two of the charges.

In my view, even organic heirloom einkorn is a major hazard, as confirmed by our 5300 year-old pal tzi: horrible teeth, gum disease, calcified arteries, worn joints (not all necessarily due to the einkorn, of course, but I suspect most of us were expecting an early neolithic forager mummy to be free of what we heretofore had considered modern chronic/degenerative ailments).

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2017, 10:59:16 AM »
arydberg,

Boundless's post and check list says it all.  There really isn't any way to get around most of the problems with ingesting wheat, whether it is ground fresh from organic wheat berries or various other heirloom varieties.  Lowering your carbohydrate consumption is as important as increasing your consumption of appropriate fats.  Most of us have achieved suprerior health benefits from being grain free, especially those of us who have done this for several years.
It takes time for your body to heal itself, but it will if you feed it properly.  In our opinion, we think that grains are inappropriate foods and do not consume them.

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2017, 10:59:16 AM »

Sponsored Links