This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Thyroid Tests  (Read 1242 times)

littlbit

• View Profile
Thyroid Tests
« on: June 07, 2017, 08:15:05 AM »
I need some help. I've done the temperature tracking for a few days and mine in the morning for several days has been 96.3, 96.0, 95.6, 96.0, 96.3, 96.5 and last night at bedtime 96.0. I went out to the ZRT Web site to order the home test kit for Thyroid but don't know which one will cover all the things to look for. Can someone help?

bill

• View Profile
Re: Thyroid Tests
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2017, 08:18:08 AM »
Sorry, not familiar with it.

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2017, 10:23:31 AM »
Look up the work by Amy Myers, MD on thyroid testing.  She has just published an excellent book on thyroid issues and explains the testing quite clearly.
If you can, read the book in addition to her web site.  The book is called "The Thyroid Connection". 

Bob Niland (Boundless)

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2017, 08:42:17 PM »
littlbit: I went out to the ZRT Web site to order the home test kit for Thyroid but don't know which one will cover all the things to look for.

If I wanted a reasonably comprehensive thyroid panel (which I will this year), and couldn't get the doctor to order it (or for less than US$174.00 if out-out-policy), I'd probably go with the ZRT:
Essential Thyroid Profile (appears to be code CTPB, UPC 656727138269)

It's a few dollars cheaper on Amazon.

With any luck, you don't live in NY.

Dr. Davis put up a blog video on DIY Thyroid a few weeks ago.

littlbit

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2017, 06:26:11 AM »
Thanks everyone for the great input. One step at a time.   :)

deanna in AR

• WF Sept. 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2017, 12:53:48 PM »
I've read that to check our thyroid we should take our temp first thing upon waking in the morning, even before getting out of bed, with an underarm thermometer????

Bob Niland (Boundless)

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2017, 01:37:47 PM »
deanna in AR: I've read that to check our thyroid we should take our temp first thing upon waking in the morning, even before getting out of bed, with an underarm thermometer? ???

Dr. Davis recommends oral temp, and his 97.3 max target is based on oral.

deanna in AR

• WF Sept. 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2017, 12:36:08 PM »
Bob, before rising in the morning?

Bob Niland (Boundless)

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2017, 11:07:27 AM »
deanna in AR: ...before rising in the morning?

First thing on arising. I don't recall off-hand if checking whilst still in bed is advised.

HollyDuff

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2017, 01:00:39 PM »
Hi littlbit

I don't know an awful lot about going grain free but thyroid testing I do know; Dr Davis in his books explains it very clearly and you take your temperature BEFORE you get out of bed and you take it orally (Broda Barnes who was a pioneer in treating hypothyroidism used to recommend that you took it under your armpit).
The whole point is to get your resting body temperature and if you have got up and gone to the loo then you have raised your temperature.

There are specific instructions for women who are still menstruating - I can't remember them however because I am a Lady of a Certain Age who cannot remember almost everything I ever learned purely because I have an untreated thyroid condition.....

HollyDuff

HollyDuff

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2017, 01:02:53 PM »
Hi again
I should added that you ideally use an old fashioned mercury thermometer because the digital ones are not as reliable; you can still get them on Amazon I think....

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2017, 01:02:53 PM »

Sponsored Links