This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Serrapeptase  (Read 2011 times)

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
Serrapeptase
« on: July 04, 2017, 04:03:35 PM »
I stumbled across the supplement Serrapeptase when I was researching prednisone alternatives.   I had never heard of it, but apparently it's a pretty good alternative for many popular drugs.   It's an enzyme created by bacteria of the silk worm. It has many benefits and can get rid of scar tissue.  Has potential to help with various chronic illnesses.

Here's a few articles that were interesting:
http://www.lifeextension.com/magazine/2003/9/report_aas/Page-01

https://www.earthclinic.com/cures/chronic-traumatic-encephalopathy-editors-choice.html

https://www.biomediclabs.com/blog/3-safe-alternatives-to-the-antiinflammatory-drug-prednisone/

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
Re: Serrapeptase
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2017, 07:55:03 AM »
I've taken Serrapeptase in the past for several years.  I found it works well for inflammations.  There are many price ranges and strengths.  The important thing is to purchase enteric coated pills and take them on an empty stomach.  It helped heal my plantar fasciitis injury sustained by trying to clean and transplant a fairly steep hill.  This must have been about 10 years ago.  I had been taking lots of Advil and could walk only short distances.
After about a week of taking serrapeptase, the pain improved markedly and I no longer used Advil.  It helped to truly heal that injury instead of the usual re-injuring an imflamed muscle. 

I'm a big fan of this enzyme.  There aren't any side effects and it works slowly but surely.  I stopped taking it when I started our way of eating.

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2017, 08:32:28 AM »
Interesting Barb.  Did you also notice any scarring that went away?

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2017, 09:20:41 AM »
Rita,

If you mean scar tissue on the muscles from the bottom of my foot to the back of my leg up to my waist (sorry, don't remember the names, just the pain!), there isn't any detectable scarring on the muscles. The minor tears have all healed well.  The muscles are all pliable and well able to stretch and contract as needed.  I still have to weed the hillside on occasion and am very careful about how I bend and stretch.  Taking Dr. Dean's ReMag and ReMyte has made a big difference as I seem to absorb them much better than other brands. 

I can also walk long distances without pain in my foot, heel or back of leg.  Weather permitting, currently I walk 3+ miles daily in a local park and more when i walk around NYC.  When I had the injury, walking around a large grocery store would be my limit.  Massages of the injured area helped as well.
So did warm epsom salt baths, but these were temporary relief.  The serrapeptase did the trick for me.  I took it for about 4 years. 

It also helped dissolve mucous from a post nasal drip and sinus congestion.  I didn't get a cold or cough during that time.  I finished the bottle and I stopped taking it when I started grain and sugar free eating. 

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2017, 01:17:10 PM »
Sounds like quite the injury that you had!  Glad you are moving well.

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2017, 03:41:41 PM »
Yes, it was pretty miserable.  The sad part is that several different doctors prescribed only pain killers or physical therapy which didn't help much at all because the therapists were young and not competent.  I even went to a pain clinic which prescribed more pills.  Finally, I tried accupuncture and massages, the serrapeptase and epsom salt baths.   The inflamed muscles healed and weren't constantly being re-injured by normal movements. 

Unfortunately, I had to pay for this out of pocket with no insurance reimbursement at all.  It sure was worth every penny I spent.  I got relief from the constant pain and the muscles actually healed.  Now i know that the magnesium in the epsom salt baths was a big help.  Not one doctor or therapist told me that it relaxes muscles and calcium does the opposite, that  these minerals work in with eachother and that it is vitally important to make sure you have adequate amounts of both.  I also did gentle yoga with the teacher paying close attention to using/stretching the muscles and their opposites in the proper manner once I healed enough to do the movements.

Dr. Davis's premise in his new book Undoctored is something I heartily agree with.  A pulled muscle becomes worse and worse without adequate minerals
for the body to help heal itself.  The doctors i used were highly recommended, supposedly well qualified and didn't hesitate to prescribe all kinds of pills, therapies, even an orthotic device to place in my shoe...all pretty much paid for by insurance.  Too bad none of these actually worked.  I probably was mineral deficient although I wasn't told to take any supplements.  Had I not decided to "do it my way" then I would have been in pain for much longer and really damaged those muscles beyond repair. 

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2017, 03:41:41 PM »

Sponsored Links