This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Wheat free and hypoglycemia  (Read 919 times)

DarrylE

• View Profile
Wheat free and hypoglycemia
« on: July 15, 2017, 01:54:17 PM »
I have a question. My reading has not yet revealed the pros and or cons of a hypoglycemic individual going wheat-free. Is there anyone out there who would like to comment on this? Thanks

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
Re: Wheat free and hypoglycemia
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2017, 09:00:40 AM »
DarrylE,

This is exactly the central theme of why people have much more stable blood sugar when they have a grain and sugar free diet.  Between eating limited amounts of carbohydrates which are slow to convert to fuel, healthy fats and increased hydration, many people improve their pancreatic functioning.  Why don't you read some of the books written by Dr. Davis, Dr. Perlmutter and many more who deal with blood sugar issues.

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2017, 04:56:01 PM »

Bob Niland (Boundless)

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2017, 08:37:06 PM »
DarrylE: My reading has not yet revealed the pros and or cons of a hypoglycemic individual going wheat-free.

What is at the root of the hypo?

The metsyn/GD/T2D cases may have different considerations vs. the LADA/T1D cases.

Here's another Dr. Davis article on it: ZERO TOLERANCE for hypoglycemia

DarrylE

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2017, 05:45:57 PM »
Thank you all. I appreciate your replies. I have read Dr. Davis as well as Dr. Perlmutter but all I have run across so far is discussion on pre-diabetic or diabetic conditions, (high blood sugar), not hypo, (low blood sugar).

Bob Niland (Boundless)

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2017, 06:08:33 PM »
DarrylE: ... but all I have run across so far is discussion on pre-diabetic or diabetic conditions, (high blood sugar), not hypo, (low blood sugar).

So this is a hypo condition in the absence of metabolic syndrome, pre-diabetes or frank diabetes?

I'll ask again, what is the root problem, or is that not diagnosed?

Given any thought to ketogenic diet? (which would switch you from glucose as primary fuel to ketone bodies as primary fuel)

Dom D'agostino has a lab assistant with T1D, and on a full-time KD. One mention of the case I heard was that hypo for this guy was essentially irrelevant.

DarrylE

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2017, 08:16:31 AM »
Bob, I do not know what the root cause of the hypoglycemia is. it's my wife who has it and she has had low blood sugar since she was a girl. I am on week 3 of wheat-free program and am encouraging the family to follow suit.

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2017, 08:16:31 AM »

Sponsored Links