This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Hope everyone is well  (Read 1303 times)

bill

• View Profile
Hope everyone is well
« on: August 30, 2017, 08:43:25 AM »
Hope you are all enjoying summer. (Northern Hemisphere)

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
Re: Hope everyone is well
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2017, 10:59:16 AM »
Hi Bill,

Seems that people have moved on.  No one is posting here anymore.  Too bad.  We sure had a lively group while it lasted.  Enjoy your holiday weekend.

Barbara

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2017, 09:03:26 PM »
Doing well.  Hope you are all doing well also.   I just haven't had much new to report lately... but I'm still here.  :)

deanna in AR

• WF Sept. 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2017, 04:29:54 PM »
Doing well too. Still hanging in, but we're eating more carbs than we did the first 3+ years...we're at the beginning of our 7th year now. I haven't gained any weight though...in fact, lost a few more pounds. Hubby gained a few. Still absolutely no known wheat. I did buy an Instant Pot and have cooked some new things...fresh, tasty, healthy. It's made cooking more interesting again...like it was when I first went wheat free. I got a pacemaker on August 4, and it seems to be doing well. I'm checking here irregularly, but I am still checking. I'm also really involved in decluttering myself and our home and I read several decluttering blogs regularly. I've made a lot of headway the last few years, still have quite a way to go. Good to touch base with y'all. I have a new friend on this forum now. We've communicated quite a lot the last 2+ years on a decluttering site and we were trying to find a way to exchange email addresses. She recently found me on here...and I didn't even know she was wheat free!!!

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2017, 06:26:50 AM »
Fun Deanna -  what a small world eh?

martygras

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2017, 04:49:07 PM »
Although I'm a late comer, I still visit frequently to see what Rita has found.
I'm doing great healthwise, (315 -180 lbs) completely type II free. No meds whatsoever.
Time to focus on eating better quality and finding a balance.

Thanks to Rita and all you's guys and gals for providing actual usable tips and perspective in a confusing world.
...and of course big thanks to Dr. Davis who just might have saved my life.

Missy4321

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2017, 09:35:40 PM »
Oh, wow, has this ever changed!
 I haven't on here for at least a year now, fell off the wagon, but still pretty much maintain the weight loss that I had (50 #). Need to return to WB 100% now & lose more.
 Tried about a month ago to get back here, & my old "handle" wasn't accepted, so I re-registered as Missy4321. I used to be ldyrdr4311. Hope I can stay in now, lol.
 Rita, I see that you are still around, as well as a few others. Good to know this.
 A lot of things have been happening here at home. Our son is now living with us (he & wife are now separated); I don't know what I'd do w/o him as my DH now has dementia ( he has good days, & bad ), and our son & I keep each other in comfort & our own sanity. When he first came here, it was with the thought that I had been exaggerating about the things that have been going on around here with DH. Now, he has the picture. Don't know where he got the exaggerating idea from, but he really sees what it's been like here now.
 DH was in the hospital at the beginning of Sept. to have a very badly inflamed gallbladder removed. Doing ok with his physical health since he returned home.
 This is about it as far as changes go. Will go now & browse a bit & take a look at what's changed here with the topics, etc. I'll try to check in a few times a month, depending on how busy I am around the home front.
 Wishing all of you a Happy Thanksgiving (if you celebrate it), otherwise, have a great day!

Missy

Bob Niland (Boundless)

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2017, 09:06:00 AM »
Missy4321: ... fell off the wagon, ...

Being on the wagon is particularly important for dementia.

re: ... as my DH now has dementia ...

Sorry to hear that. Have you checked in with Bredesen's new book?
My review of it here.
Dr. Davis is working on an Undoctored program protocol for cognitive decline (not published yet). Slowing, arresting and reversing it appear to be within reach now.

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2017, 08:23:05 AM »
Good to hear from you Missy.  So sorry to hear about your DH.  Happy Thanksgiving to you too.

Bob-  Thanks for sharing a review on Recode.   Very interesting.  I've been revisiting some of my thoughts on probiotics, mainly because of issues related to elevated lactic acid.

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2017, 08:23:05 AM »

Sponsored Links