This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: A good case for dairy  (Read 957 times)

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
A good case for dairy
« on: September 21, 2017, 01:37:59 PM »
Rethinking Restrictive Diets: Should We Be Eating More Dairy and Carbs?

http://goop.com/rethinking-restrictive-diets-eating-dairy-carbs/

"We found that many of the people with higher levels of Zygomycota [an undesirable fungi that researchers are seeing more of] were following diets that severely limited their dairy intake, like paleo and clean eating. We also saw that while they were eating what are widely considered extremely healthy diets, many of them were still experiencing digestive health symptoms.

That suggests to me that by cutting dairy out, people may be inadvertently allowing very aggressive fungi, such as Zygomycota, to overgrow: We know that dairy carbohydrates are excellent at supporting the growth of good bacteria and fungi in our digestive tract, which are likely responsible for keeping Zygomycota at bay. So when you remove dairy, you’re cutting out a major dietary factor that supports the good bacteria and fungi that live in your gut. This can allow bad fungi to grow unchecked, which can exacerbate digestive issues. It is possible that other aspects of people’s diets are contributing to the problem, but dairy elimination stands out to me as a likely culprit."

bill

• View Profile
Re: A good case for dairy
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2017, 04:04:21 PM »
He did say that, but he also says this:
[/size]
[/size]"Of course, not all carbs are created equal, and you want to get them from complex carbohydrate foods, such as sweet potatoes, chickpeas, brown rice, blueberries, bananas, barley, whole wheat pasta, legumes, and whole wheat bread. [/size]"
[/size]
[/size]And he says: "Carbohydrates are the main energy source..."
[/font]
[/size]He's not on my wavelength.

Wheat Free Forum

Re: A good case for dairy
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2017, 04:04:21 PM »

Sponsored Links