This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: New source of good recipes!  (Read 349 times)

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
New source of good recipes!
« on: February 20, 2018, 05:26:32 AM »
I've recently come across a new web site with wonderful recipes.  It is keto style, but the recipes are low carb and very tasty.  I've tried several of them and am really enjoying roasted radishes as a substitute for potatoes and the recipe for gnocchi.  The web site is:
https://www.gnom-gnom.com

I can't get this site to work properly so please use your search engine to find it.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 12:56:48 PM by Rita »

BarbinNC

• View Profile
Re: New source of good recipes!
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2018, 01:29:15 PM »
Hi Barbara!!  :)  long time no see ... I've been busy busy busy, but check in every once in a while, if I can't find a recipe and then remember I posted it here.  Nice to have that archive!

I think you might be looking for Nom Nom Paleo?  Her website is https://nomnompaleo.com   If that's not the one, then I don't know lol!

I am baking that birthday cake I made for Hudson on his first birthday back in 2013 (boy - time is flying!! it was such a winner and easy for a baby to eat) for my second grandson ... yes, he will be 1 yo already in March, he was born a day before my birthday and he is just the cutest little guy ever, we enjoy him so much.

So, hope all is well with you, and forgive my intrusion here ... but it's always nice to see what you guys are up to!  Not much time in my life right now for being online, all I do is read recipes if I want to bake something. 

Take good care, and hi to everyone,
Barb :)

Never mind - found it https://www.gnom-gnom.com   it's a new one to me too, will have to take a look later on!

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2018, 07:29:10 AM »
Hi BarbinNC!

Nice to hear from you too!  Glad things are going well for you and yours.  Like you, those keto recipes for breads, cakes, scones, cookies and other items are easy to make and taste good too.  Even Wheat Free Market Foods has some good ones so check their web site.  Wow! we sure did post a lot of great recipes, didn't we? 

One of the older ones is a chocolate zucchini cake which is delicious, moist and very satisfying just in case you get a bit bored with your current cakes. It was from Linda's Low Carb recipes.   I agree with you about "All Day I Dream About Food" recipes.  Most are excellent and minimally fussy. 

I'm finding that there seems to be a new generation of recipes worth looking at.  Never too late to learn another way of preparing food!

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2018, 09:29:11 AM »
I corrected the nom nom link in your post Barbara.   

And great to hear from you BarbinNC.  It's been a long time.  Hope all is well in your world.

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2018, 11:33:25 AM »
 Rita,

The link you corrected is WRONG!  The site is [size=78%]gnom-gnom.com[/size] [/size][size=78%]as I originally posted.  BarbinNC has it right.  NomNomPaleo is a good site, but this one is different.  [/size]

BarbinNC

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2018, 05:34:04 PM »
Hi Girls, it's been busy in my life, but happy busy! :)

It's always good to open the page of the site you want to share, and then copy the url and paste here.  That way the link is complete.  Also, adding the www.  www.gnom-gnom.com is also important - it makes the link clickable.

And yes Barbara - we sure did share a lot of good recipes here, like I said, it's been a lifesaver for me at times, if I can't find the recipes online for some reason, then I can always find it here.  I really only posted tried and true recipes that I love.

I have a few new ones that I've been making routinely lately, one is a nut and seed bread, so easy and fast to make, I might just have to add it, just in case you hadn't seen it.

Most of the time now, I just make the Fathead rolls - it uses the mozzarella, bit of cream cheese, almond or coconut flour and baking powder.  I've made pizza dough, rolls, bagels (yummy with the topping mix from Trader Joe's) and even a sweet roll, with cinnamon mix in the middle.  That was lovely.

Other than that, just making baby food for the 1 year old and my Mom - LOL!  she doesn't like to put her teeth in lately, so I mostly make her sweet potatoes with lots of butter, or carrots, sometimes she will eat an egg, or very soft chicken.

Oh well, gotta run, hope you guys are doing well too!!

BarbinNC

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2018, 05:40:55 PM »
I have made several of the recipes now from this gal, and have to say, they are fabulous!  I just made the brownies the other day and they are so moist and chewy, just amazing.  Trying the carrot cupcakes for Easter, along with some truffles made with avocado ... have you tried those?  let me post that recipe too, it is "decadent" as my daughter put it.  :)

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2018, 12:56:29 PM »
I fixed the link back in Barb's post of https://www.gnom-gnom.com   ( Since the original link didn't work, I made the assumption that it was a different site.... sorry about that. )

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2018, 12:56:29 PM »

Sponsored Links