This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Should you be on a ketogenic diet long term?  (Read 236 times)

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
Should you be on a ketogenic diet long term?
« on: June 13, 2018, 08:44:52 PM »
Dr. William Davis says it shouldn't be long term, as it creates a stress response.
I wonder if he's had some new 'ah-has' along the way. 

NickLy

• View Profile
Re: Should you be on a ketogenic diet long term?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2018, 07:35:34 AM »
I've been on a keto diet for a couple of months earlier this year and I've definitely noticed that I was just "tired" of it at some point. It was definitely a psychological response to the diet. I really want to try it again now that some time has passed though.

Bob Niland (Boundless)

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2018, 07:17:19 AM »
For those who prefer to read, there's a full transcript at the WB blog posting of that video.
The way I convey the message is: do chronic keto only if it's the most benign treatment for a chronic condition (but mind the gut flora in any case).
Chronic keto does not appear to be an ancestral diet.
KD is a tool in the Undoctored/WB box for short term use for various reasons. It's clearly a human adaptation for most genotypes, although most likely experienced in the wild as periods of involuntary fasting than as periods of fat-as-only-food.
Chronic keto is a current food fad. In addition to the microbiome concerns, I have to wonder if people doing it are fully informed on key micronutrients to mind (D3, I, Mg), or even optimal fat choices.

jennifertolley

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2018, 02:31:25 AM »
For those who prefer to read, there's a full transcript at the WB blog posting of that video.
The way I convey the message is: do chronic keto only if it's the most benign treatment for a chronic condition (but mind the gut flora in any case).
Chronic keto does not appear to be an ancestral diet.
KD is a tool in the Undoctored/WB box for short term use for various reasons. It's clearly a human adaptation for most genotypes, although most likely experienced in the wild as periods of involuntary fasting than as periods of fat-as-only-food.
Chronic keto is a current food fad. In addition to the microbiome concerns, I have to wonder if people doing it are fully informed on key micronutrients to mind (D3, I, Mg), or even optimal fat choices.

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2018, 02:31:25 AM »

Sponsored Links