This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: What did you eat for dinner tonight? - ( You can update this thread daily! )  (Read 55806 times)

arlin

• View Profile
a special salad named after us

Really? That's awesome deanna! We should take a trip down there sometime and eat that special salad!  :D

deanna in AR

• WF Sept. 2011
    • View Profile
Yes you should arlin!

VibeRadiant

10 scallops wrapped in bacon, with butter as the dipping sauce.

Lila

• View Profile
I made a very delicious cauliflower & broccoli cheese soup.  No recipe--just threw things together.

Chopped up a cauliflower and threw in some broccoli florets into a pot with chicken broth to cover.  Sauteed onion, celery and mushrooms and threw that in the pot.  Seasoned with Mrs. Dash Garlic & Herb, salt, & pepper.  When the vegetables were done, I poured in whipping cream until it looked like soup and stirred in a small scoop of sour cream. Then put in some seriously sharp white cheddar.

OMG, it was wonderful and very filling.  There's enough left for a couple more meals (probably lunches tomorrow and Saturday)

bill

• View Profile

Awww.  I only had 4 scallops in butter
with sauteed mushrooms.

VibeRadiant

Re: What did you eat for dinner tonight? - ( You can update this thread daily! )
« Reply #105 on: November 01, 2013, 04:31:38 AM »

Awww.  I only had 4 scallops in butter
with sauteed mushrooms.

I think I may be overeating a bit.

HungryinTN

Re: What did you eat for dinner tonight? - ( You can update this thread daily! )
« Reply #106 on: November 01, 2013, 08:00:39 AM »
I would think 10 scallops would only be considered over-eating if you were full at four but kept eating anyway.

VibeRadiant

« Reply #107 on: November 01, 2013, 08:08:45 AM »
I'll have to be more mindful to see if I  get the "full" signal earlier.

Suzhookem

• Wheat Free April 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 01, 2013, 09:57:50 AM »
We've made Dr Davis' taco pie. Only change we made was putting a "cheese crust" on the bottom of the pan and draining the liquid. Last night we made the chocolate chili. Being from California we called it mol chili. Lol. Delicious

bill

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 01, 2013, 10:35:29 AM »
Vibe:

Okay.  It's a deal.  You stop at 4 and
I'll eat the other 6.

VibeRadiant

« Reply #110 on: November 01, 2013, 10:37:02 AM »
Vibe:

Okay.  It's a deal.  You stop at 4 and
I'll eat the other 6.

I don't know,  they were pretty delicious!  :D

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 01, 2013, 02:31:57 PM »
Concerning the scallops:

It all depends on the size.  Bay scallops are very small, like a dime or a nickel in diameter.  Sea scallops are quarter and silver dollar sized and sometimes even larger.  They are pretty heavy too (for their size) and shrink when cooked.  A half pound or even a pound is portion sized.
So call me Miss Piggy, I ate a whole pound of broiled scallops with some sauted kale and the zucchini chips!    :D

At least these are wild caught!
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 04:28:18 AM by Barbara from New Jersey »

VibeRadiant

« Reply #112 on: November 01, 2013, 03:13:08 PM »
My scallops were the big ones. Very delish!

Lila

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 01, 2013, 04:20:28 PM »
OMG, I made some chili in the crock pot today.  We came to our cabin in the mountains--I'm going to try to attach a couple of photos--it is so beautiful.  The crisp fall weather motivated me to follow your suggestions on how to make chili.  I did use one can of kidney beans but we have about 4 meals out of this big pot full.  So I think the amount of beans I'll get in my serving falls into the WB limitations. 

Used chili power, cayenne pepper, and chipoltle sauce.  Will be drinking a lot of water with this one!!

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 02, 2013, 04:03:32 PM »
We have a bumper crop of avocados this year.....I've prepared them every way possible to the point that my DH  rolls his eyes every time I bring more in the house....any freezer ideas?

Lila

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 02, 2013, 04:24:33 PM »
Leftover...wonderful...chili after an excellent day of touring Southeast Tennessee and North Georgia mountains.  What a beautiful day!

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 02, 2013, 07:36:52 PM »
Jan,

I've just discovered avocado chocolate pudding!  Very tasty and easy to make.  Adjust the ingredients for the size of your avocado and level of sweetness desired.  Makes a nice snack or dessert.  I used a TBS of Swerve for a medium avocado for a hint of sweetness.

AVOCADO CHOCOLATE PUDDING
1 avocado
1 tsp vanilla
1/8- 1/4 cup coco powder
1/8- 1/4 cup sugar equivalent
6 TBS milk (any kind, unsweetened)

mash or mix with immersion blender or food processor
garnish with unsweetened shredded coconut

AVOCADO MILKSHAKE

Too many versions to list ingredients.  Basically, use any milk or ice cream, sweetener, lemon juice and place in blender.  Do a quick internet search to find one to your liking.  Also good as a daiquiri!

AVOCADO SOUP (HOT OR COLD)

Again, too many versions to list.  Saw some with shrimp or fish as an added ingredient. 
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 04:26:58 AM by Barbara from New Jersey »

deanna in AR

• WF Sept. 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 20, 2013, 06:20:50 PM »
Spoonful of almond butter, 8 olives, 3 thin slices[size=78%] of white cheddar[/size]

Lynda (Fl)

• Wheat-free for 4 years
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 21, 2013, 07:36:22 AM »
Spinich and Italian sausage frittata.  With tomatoes.

Loanne

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 21, 2013, 10:25:12 AM »
Last night I had a small steak and leftover hamburger soup.  Plus some chopped raw veggies.  I'm getting to love veggies more and more...not a previous behavior.  But they taste so good now!  Yum!

VibeRadiant

« Reply #120 on: November 21, 2013, 02:49:26 PM »
6 scallops wrapped in bacon, 10 black olives and a bowl of oh-my-lord chocolate ice cream.  so good!

HungryinTN

« Reply #121 on: November 21, 2013, 05:12:32 PM »
Salmon, steamed broccoli, and a Greek salad at one of my favorite local spots.  Unfortunately, I think they put margarine on the broccoli, and I haven't been able to get anyone to tell me a straight answer...

VibeRadiant

« Reply #122 on: November 24, 2013, 02:59:26 PM »
4 asparagus spears wrapped in natural bacon and hollandaise sauce, chocolate ice cream (made with coconut milk).
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 04:09:30 PM by VibeRadiant »

VibeRadiant

« Reply #123 on: December 07, 2013, 04:10:12 PM »
Brussels sprouts with butter and scallops wrapped in bacon.

VibeRadiant

« Reply #124 on: December 08, 2013, 03:33:11 PM »
Some onions and three kinds of mushrooms sauteed in bacon fat, 6 bacon wrapped scallops, 3 giant green olives and 1 small cucumber with sea salt, 1 piece of chocolate fat bomb for dessert.

VibeRadiant

« Reply #125 on: December 09, 2013, 06:11:58 PM »
7 bacon wrapped scallops with two small salted cukes (about 4 inches long and 1 inch across). that was at 7 pm. I find I can go longer and longer without the need to snack, this is amazing!

Lila

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 10, 2013, 07:16:29 PM »
Made a wonderful fauxtato soup tonight. Yummy. Nice and warm and creamy

deanna in AR

• WF Sept. 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 17, 2013, 05:21:18 PM »
Ooooh yummm...pork loin made in the crock pot, shredded (served in a bowl so I could put a little of the juice over it), topped with guacamole made w/ tomatillo salsa and a dollop of sour cream on top...diced jalapeos on the side!!!!!

Lila

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 17, 2013, 07:41:29 PM »
We had left over (in the freezer) pork tenderloin with celery, onions, carrots (I didn't have any of the carrots since I had some raw carrots at lunch) and mushrooms I cooked in the crock pot a couple of weeks ago. Served with cauliflower mash and green beans left over from last night. Yummy!!!

For dessert I had two of my Russian tea cookies. So decadently delicious.

By my, and myfitnesspal's, calculation, I had about 16 carb grams. Maybe a tad less.

HungryinTN

« Reply #129 on: December 17, 2013, 09:43:57 PM »
Filet mignon (my first!) with a small sweet potato and some steamed broccoli, all of it covered in glorious ghee. 

VibeRadiant

« Reply #130 on: December 18, 2013, 06:08:23 PM »
I'm eating pretty late for me (8pm).

I am having an avocado with sliced green and kalamata olives with an olive oil mayo.

This will sound strange but this reminds me so much of the meat salad I used to have when I was younger.
We would go to the german deli and get this meat salad that was made of all these left over deli meats, mixed with olives and mayo. I loved it!

And this reminds me of that very much, quite nostalgic actually.  :'(  lol

Lila

• View Profile
Cold cold today. I made our cauliflower soup again today. Yummmmmmmmmmmy. Included both white and baby port mushrooms. Did I say Yummy?

deanna in AR

• WF Sept. 2011
    • View Profile
Wow! The best meal we've had lately! Pork chops in the crock pot with basil, garlic, s&p...turnip greens seasoned w/ bacon & bacon grease, s&p, served with apple cider vinegar over them...1/2 baked sweet potato w/ s&p and butter. Sooooo good. Home cookin'.

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
I had to share this incredible and beautiful plate of heirloom veggies we had last night at one of our five 'safe restaurants'.......accompanied by pastured duck (what the heck is a pastured duck.....thought ducks were water birds!). 8)

Linda R

Gorgeous!

Is that a dipping sauce in the center?

That plate would be a complete meal for me, would fill me entirely. No room for duck!

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
Yes....it was a chipotle sauce....wow! But don't they look gorgeous? And I did bring half the duck home.

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
Lots of good phytonutrients in that dish!

deanna in AR

• WF Sept. 2011
    • View Profile
Yes, beautiful! What is the purple veggie that looks like broccoli...except it's purple?

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
Deanna,

Glad your husband is on the mend.....what a relief!

The veggies were a mixture of broccoli and cauliflower, etc.......apparently with heirloom seeds, there are varieties of color in both (wasn't aware of that).....although we do buy heirloom tomatoes and there are yellow, green and red versions. And our local grocer carries heirloom carrots which are purple, white etc. I do know from raising veggies years ago that when growing cauliflower, you must tie the leaves up over the head so that photosynthesis won't take place.

deanna in AR

• WF Sept. 2011
    • View Profile
The only heirlooms I've had are tomatoes, and they were red. Your dish looks delicious!

scrupulousgirl

• View Profile
(4) Homemade Grassfed meatballs with a few Tbs Victoria Vegan Marinera
(6) Broiled Asparagus spears drizzled with Olive oil
1 oz Parmesan cheese
1/2 C Fat Fast cookbook by Dana Carpender "Chocolate pudding" made with Sour cream, Raw Cacao powder and 8 drops Stevia

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
Last night I made heritage pork chops breaded in the pork rind crumbs.....tasted great! I made a side of sauted cabbage in ghee and added caraway seeds to the mix....a nicely flavored combination.

VibeRadiant

I had some cinnamon bacon pork tenderloin with leeks sauteed in butter, a green leafy salad with homemade olive oil/balsamic vinegar dressing and a piece of Camembert for dessert.

HungryinTN

I had a really hard time talking myself into making dinner tonight.  I was definitely ready to dig in the couch cushions to find some dinner money.  But I eventually talked myself into it and the meal turned out so delicious it made me wonder why I ever leave the house to eat at all.  I had pureed cauliflower with heavy cream and butter, grass-fed ground beef patties (because I'm eating on the cheap this week!), cooked on the stove in plenty of butter, and when the patties were about halfway done, I tossed a few asparagus spears into the skillet. I have a ton of fresh tomatoes from my new neighbors so I plated the beef patty on a nice juicy slice.  Add salt and pepper and voila!  Best meal I've had in ages. 

deanna in AR

• WF Sept. 2011
    • View Profile
Lunch yesterday was patty melts smothered with sauted onions and mushrooms...with tomato slices and green beans. Last night we had bacon (I always cook the whole package in the oven, then eat half with eggs for breakfast and save the rest for another breakfast or BLT's) with drizzled melted white cheddar on top, slice of tomato and sliced avocado...delicious! Today's lunch...when I was at our little produce market yesterday, I bought a small amount of purple hull peas (so we could have peas one time this year), seasoned them with bacon and added sliced okra at the end. Paired it with a saved freezer container of pork loin from the crockpot and a sliced tomato. Not sure what tonight will be...maybe a leftover patty melt for DH...I probably won't be hungry.

Lynda (Fl)

• Wheat-free for 4 years
    • View Profile
We lost our power just as the bbq chicken drumsticks finished, so merely added avocado/tomato salad and was plenty.

VibeRadiant

I had two pieces of the cinnamon bacon pork loin and a leek sauteed in butter.

Very delicious!

HungryinTN

I had chocolate (90% dark of course) and wine.  PMS...

BarbinNC

• View Profile
Love your dinner, HiT!  :)

I might have a bit of each myself, just got back from a HOA meeting discussing warranty work the builder has to perform, oh boy, that's another headache waiting in the wings chocolate and glass of wine, here I come!!! 

HungryinTN

After a bit of a meltdown this afternoon when I checked my bank account to see if I could run to the store to pick up a couple of things only to discover I'd been overdrawn by something I didn't even know I was getting billed for, I talked myself into finally making the chicken that's been in my fridge all week.  I just brushed it with melted butter, sprinkled it with salt, garlic, and chili powder, and baked it til it was done.  It wasn't the most exciting meal but it was fine.  To compliment it, I cooked some asparagus with bacon in my iron skillet, which was really the best part.  When it was all over, I made some impromptu "brownies" - basically egg, coconut flour, cocao, and a spoonful of honey.  It wasn't the best dessert I've ever made, but it did the trick on a very stressful day. 

Wheat Free Forum

Sponsored Links