This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Apple cider vinegar  (Read 3341 times)

Bing

• View Profile
Apple cider vinegar
« on: June 27, 2013, 03:05:19 PM »
Bought a bottle today to see if it will further improve my bowel movements, I read a lot of good reviews from people with IBS and related.
Might be interesting to some of you.

A link..., there are better ones but this should do:
http://foodmatters.tv/articles-1/apple-cider-vinegar-the-wonder-drug-of-yesterday-and-today

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
Re: Apple cider vinegar
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2013, 04:35:01 PM »
I however heard that you have to get it raw for it's benefits.   Most apple cider vinegar is pasteurized.

Bing

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2013, 01:25:03 AM »
I however heard that you have to get it raw for it's benefits.   Most apple cider vinegar is pasteurized.

I bought non pasteurized organic (fermented).

This article is way more realistic:
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2009/06/02/Apple-Cider-Vinegar-Hype.aspx

In 2004, a study cited in the American Diabetes Foundationís publication Diabetes Care found that taking vinegar before meals significantly increased insulin sensitivity and dramatically reduced the insulin and glucose spikes that occur after meals.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 04:20:25 PM by Rita »

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2013, 05:36:54 AM »
Me too....I buy 'Bragg" organic, raw. and unfiltered.

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2013, 04:19:54 PM »
a study cited in the American Diabetes Foundationís publication Diabetes Care found that taking vinegar before meals significantly increased insulin sensitivity and dramatically reduced the insulin and glucose spikes that occur after meals.

Good to know.   

I buy Bragg too.

erac6329

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2013, 07:30:38 AM »
I used the Bragg's 2 - 3 times/day for 1.5 months and it did not help with my constipation.  Neither did it help me with weight loss.  I guess everyone is different.

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2013, 04:00:33 PM »
I did some nutritional blog reading today....more accurately, I pond jumped from topic to topic....One mentioned adequate stomach acid verses a lack of adequate stomach acid and one remedy (for lack of) was to add 1 Tab. of apple cider vinegar before each meal to assist in digestion.  If you have adequate acid, then the added acid would be superfluous.

On another note, I was reading about high oxalate foods and how they can impact the digestive track more negatively in some people.....which is really easy to ascertain, just eliminate for awhile and see what happens.

Graindead

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2013, 02:05:05 PM »
There are a lot of claims about the beneficial aspects of unfiltered apple cider vinegar. It's easy to kill an afternoon researching this kind of stuff, as we all know.
Some tidbits from Natural Solutions Radio (Gerald Martin):

"To detox: 2 TBLSP of organic ACV in a 1 or 2 Liter filtered water bottle (ie Smart Water, Evian, etc). 2 TBLSP = 1/8th cup. You can add more vinegar than this amount, however, make sure you dilute it with plenty of water. Do not add a sweetener. Drink this solution throughout the day. The solution will be cleansing your system and kidneys all day long. That's the point.
There are several things you will notice within a day or two of drinking Apple Cider Vinegar: your allergies will disappear, your face will have a healthy & youthful glow, you will look & feel more VITAL, you will have consistent energy, and you will more easily digest your food.
We believe that apple cider vinegar is probably the best (and cheapest) detoxifier for the body. As such, it is should be considered a critical component to the fountain of youth!"

I'm going to give this a 30 day shot and see how it goes. 4 days in now. Looking for improvement in digestion. I will say there is a bit of a pick-me-up from the solution. Plus, being a smoker I figure a daily mild detoxifier can't hurt. Had to start with Heinz unfiltered ACV with "mother" for starters, but have 2 bottles of Bragg's on the way. I'm using 1 TBS in a 16oz bottle of water twice a day.
If anyone else has used this in similar volume for any length of time, I would be interested in your findings.

VibeRadiant

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2013, 02:09:53 PM »
I bought a jug of the stuff and only managed to drink it once, after that the thought of it was too gross.

But, I use a diluted mixture as a toner for my face and it's been good to clean it and doesn't dry my face out.

And I am using it to remove some moles. So far so good.

HungryinTN

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2013, 06:14:31 PM »
It also makes a great replacement for conditioner!

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2013, 06:14:31 PM »

Sponsored Links