This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: What are some of your favorite snacks?  (Read 2231 times)

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
What are some of your favorite snacks?
« on: April 18, 2013, 08:10:18 PM »
I'm still trying to figure out this one, so I'd love to hear what all of you do.

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
Re: What are some of your favorite snacks?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2013, 12:39:57 PM »
Snacks, you ask?

My #1 is kale chips......remove leaves from stem, wash and dry......heat oven to 425.....throw kale in a bowl with olive oil and smoked paprika.....lay on top of parchment paper on cookie sheet....put in oven and TURN OFF oven.....leave in for 15 minutes.....you can also use other spices.

#2. I love a small plate of olives, hard cheese and some nuts.....works well when in need of appetizers too!

#3. I made this up a few years ago when I discovered most power bars were evil!  I throw several different nuts and seeds (can use whatever you like) into my ninja......put in bowl with peanut butter, Madagascar vanilla , cinnamon, a little stevia (used to use honey) and a small amount of dried unsweetened cherries and cacao nibs......mix till it's fairly solid....let harden in the fridge for a few hours.....roll balls in any size you want (I make mine small enough to just throw in your mouth) then roll in unsweetened shredded coconut....store in a container in fridge. My husband eats them between sets....that's why I named them tennis balls!  Sorry I can't be more definitive regarding amounts.....Just made it up

Joan from MN

• Wheat free since 1/20/13
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2013, 12:42:44 PM »
My usual grab-and-go snack is half an apple (watching carbs here) and a handful of almonds. Or half an apple and a little hunk (about 1 oz) of extra sharp cheddar.

Jean

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2013, 10:42:37 PM »
I'll make some deviled eggs, or just some hard boiled to keep in the refrigerator.
I LOVE the Alive &Radiant brand of kale chips. My favorite is the Quite Cheesy.  My friend raved over them, but I was skeptical as I had tried to make kale chips and they were awful!  I dumped them.

I was blown away by the filling cheesy flavor. If you like broccoli with cheese melted over it, you will like these. Really.  They are actually filling, I can only eat about half a bag at one time.

I get mine at Whole Foods, but sure there are other places. We buy them buy the case. Guilt free snacking.  ( no I don't work for them, I just really like them!)

arlin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2013, 06:06:47 AM »
I'm just entering my fourth week on the WB plan so at this time I'm not hungry enough to want a snack (with the exception of the occasional Dove Dark). I can barely get down three meals a day. But I suspect in time that is likely to change a bit, so I appreciate the tips on snacks.

On the other hand, my DH still likes to snack so I think I'll check and see if I can find some of those Alive and Radiant kale chips Jean. They sound delicious!

And your "power bar" *recipe* sounds yummy Jan! I make things up as I go sometimes too! The only difference is, YOU actually remembered all your ingredients. I hate it when I make something yummy off the top of my head and then forget how I did it.  ;D

I'm bookmarking this page for future reference.

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2013, 06:48:58 AM »
I hate it when I make something yummy off the top of my head and then forget how I did it.   

lol-  my DH always says " Did you write this one down?"   ( I never do )

Love cooking and making things up, but hate baking.  It's too precise.

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2013, 06:48:58 AM »

Sponsored Links