This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: What to do if you get Glutened  (Read 2554 times)

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
What to do if you get Glutened
« on: June 27, 2013, 09:34:16 PM »
Here's a good article with some tips:

http://theglutenminded.com/2013/06/25/10-steps-to-take-if-you-get-glutened/

And Jan... you'll love tip #6  :)

Bing

• View Profile
Re: What to do if you get Glutened
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2013, 01:29:26 AM »

How cool, 3, 7, 8, 10, I do daily already.

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2013, 05:38:28 AM »
Yehhh Rita......let's hear it for bone broth!

HungryinTN

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2013, 08:36:19 AM »
I keep seeing bone broth come up on here.  Does anyone know if there is a vegetarian-friendly alternative?  My mother hasn't eaten meat in almost forty years, and mainly because cooking it always gave her the icks.  I don't see bone broth becoming part of her diet any time soon, but she really needs something like it.  Any suggestions? 

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2013, 05:09:19 PM »
I keep seeing bone broth come up on here.  Does anyone know if there is a vegetarian-friendly alternative?  My mother hasn't eaten meat in almost forty years, and mainly because cooking it always gave her the icks.  I don't see bone broth becoming part of her diet any time soon, but she really needs something like it.  Any suggestions? 

Hungry....."vegetarian bone broth" is an oxymoron, a contradiction of terms. The whole point of bone broth is to extract all the available nutrients, amino acids, minerals, vitamins etc from the animal bones over a long period of time until they form a near gel like substance. I don't know of any other equivalent tonic that would mimic the content of bone broth.  Could you start her on a fish bone broth and  then possibly graduate to chicken (only takes 24 hours to leach) ....then beef? 

Bing

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2013, 04:19:10 AM »
My mother hasn't eaten meat in almost forty years

What Jan says, plus she won't be actually eating meat .  8)

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2013, 07:33:27 AM »
Hungry......Would your mother be open to taking gelatin capsules/powder?  That  might be a good compromise, unless her aversion to meat is philosophically based.  I believe it was Sula that mentioned  "Great Lakes" brand and it appears that product is made from pastured stock and is of high quality.

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2013, 07:33:27 AM »

Sponsored Links