This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Cheese?  (Read 1706 times)

HungryinTN

Cheese?
« on: July 04, 2013, 11:00:27 AM »
Cheese:  Angel or devil?  (specifically pasture-fed, hormone-free, antibiotic-free, organic cheese - we're just going to assume that standard supermarket cheese is bad, here)

Bob Niland (Boundless)

• View Profile
Re: Cheese Grommit?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2013, 11:16:41 AM »
Staple, if you aren't sensitive to lactose and/or casein (or have recovered from that).

Beware of the color orange. Go for annatto-free as well.

And be cautious of the color blue. If you are highly wheat-reactive, avoid the cultures of the mold Penicillium, as that may have a bread (wheat) origin. This would include blue cheeses such as Roquefort, Gorgonzola and Blue Stilton.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 05:54:56 PM by Boundless »

HungryinTN

Re: Cheese?
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2013, 03:22:50 PM »
I've been (carefully and selectively) eating cheese, but my mother, who is following the advice of Dr. Weil, won't eat cheese (but will still eat grains...).  She's always been a fan of Dr. Weil, and I've always been somewhat skeptical of him.  His anti-inflammatory diet (http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/ART02012/anti-inflammatory-diet) is much closer to conventional wisdom than I am comfortable with (eat whole grains and lots of soy!  wha?) and I am trying to build some counterarguments to his plan.  Next week when I am there she won't have much choice because I'll be doing ALL of the cooking, so maybe a week trial will help convince her (and my chronically stubborn diabetic father). 

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2013, 03:30:18 PM »
This probably belongs on a different thread but when I saw "cheese", thought I would post here. Today I made some awesome crackers....easy...fast and they taste terrific! Turn oven to 400...spray parchment paper on a large cookie sheet....put piles of 1 Tab parmesan cheese to cover (kind of like making lace cookies) then bake for 5-7 minutes. I can't even begin to imagine all te things I can do with this ice and crunchy cracker!

deanna in AR

• WF Sept. 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2013, 06:22:38 AM »
Jan, I made these about a year ago in a skillet...delicious !! (Maybe post this under Recipes too?)

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2013, 06:22:38 AM »

Sponsored Links