This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Finding alternative recipes  (Read 2748 times)

anntsy

• View Profile
Finding alternative recipes
« on: April 19, 2013, 12:20:27 PM »
When I need a recipe or want to figure out how to make a "healthified" version of something I often go to Paleo blogs and websites online.  The Paleo diet is close to the WB diet and I have found so many great recipes and basic cooking ideas.   

Janet

• View Profile
Re: Finding alternative recipes
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2013, 02:52:15 PM »
When I want to make something and have a meat or vegetable, I google search:  "Paleo + (whatever I have)" and I get a bunch of good recipes to search from.  I especially do that for meat cuts and trying a new veg dish.  You won't get gluten or grains when you search Paleo or Primal.

Lynda (Fl)

• Wheat-free for 4 years
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 08:28:34 AM »
Checking Paleo and primal are great suggestions, thanks.

Neicee

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2013, 03:30:23 PM »
Even www.Yummly.com is slowly increasing the number of wheat free/low carb/sugar free recipies.  I go there a lot and plug into search for an ingredient I have.  It'll bring up thousands but it never fails to get me thinking on how to convert it to our way of eating.

Wheatless in Seattle

• G&SF since Sept 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2013, 04:06:57 PM »
I've found wonderful recipes (and helpful hints) on http://www.gourmetgirlcooks.com/.  She's been mentioned in the WB blog, too.

Sula

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2013, 08:58:19 PM »
I go here, she also has links to others, and they have links to more. But bottom line, Maria rocks food for us.
http://mariahealth.blogspot.ca/

Weeksie

• Wheat free since 03/11/13
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2013, 06:29:40 PM »
I have been cooking same foods I did before WB and improvising to make wheat free.  Still subscribe to Cooking Light & Rachel Ray. This new RR mag has recipe for her burger of the month & it's called Panko-crusted Fishwiches with wasabi tarter sauce. I can definitely tweak this recipe to WB status. Just use imagination.

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2013, 06:29:40 PM »

Sponsored Links