This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: tortilla wheat free  (Read 2318 times)

bettycooker

• View Profile
tortilla wheat free
« on: July 09, 2013, 08:11:15 AM »
This is for sure the best wheat free wrap I've found so far.  Only 1-2 carbs each, depends how big you make them.  Made with coconut flour.  Tastes and looks just like a flour tortilla.  Rather than write it out..I found it from fluffychixcookblogspot  On the site you can put in the search words...low carb gluten free soy free flour tortilla.  Great step by step photos/directions.  Today I'm having a taco!!

Joan from MN

• Wheat free since 1/20/13
    • View Profile
Re: tortilla wheat free
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2013, 08:50:28 AM »
Oh, yum! I'm going to have to try that out.

Here's the link: http://fluffychixcook.blogspot.com/2012/05/low-carb-gluten-free-soy-free-flour.html
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 08:55:09 AM by Joan from MN »

Teresa

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2013, 11:14:18 AM »
Man I'd love to have something to wrap stuff in! I will definitely have to check that out.  Oooooh....can you say QUESADILLA??? Yeah baby!  :D
~Teresa

HungryinTN

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2013, 07:01:40 PM »
I used this tonight for my parents.  Good stuff!  A tip for anyone who doesn't have a microwave:  instead of nuking the batter for 30 seconds just stick it in the oven at 350 for about 2-4 minutes.  It might not work AS well (I will test it somewhere with a microwave to see the difference) but it'll do in a pinch. 

Gem

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2013, 04:21:25 PM »
What a relief to find a recipe for tortillas that actually looks good!!!  I just made the WB "tortillas," and with all due respect to our resident Doc, those things are anything BUT tortillas!  But we're going to eat them anyway because they're healthy!   :D   Not sure HOW to eat them with taco meat but we'll just kind of wing it (or sling it!?)  Ha!  I'll let y'all know what happens.  My thanks to BettyCooker for finding the link for "better tortillas."

ldyrdr4311

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2014, 01:14:21 PM »
Hi: I went to the link for this recipe, & see that many commented that they are having problems with the gelatin clumping up on them. Knox Gelatin is supposed to be sprinkled on cold, not hot water. Maybe that's their problem.

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2014, 01:14:21 PM »

Sponsored Links