This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Headaches appear to be gone after just under 3 weeks  (Read 2927 times)

scrupulousgirl

Headaches appear to be gone after just under 3 weeks
« on: July 10, 2013, 07:58:47 PM »
With the finale of Day (19) under my feet, I realized in amazement earlier this evening I am running on (15) full days without a headache!  For (3) consecutive weeks prior to beginning Wheat Belly, I was having some element of headache pains almost everyday.

I also am now off of Melatonin with the exception of (2) nights a week and definitely sleeping more deeply on my own once I get to sleep! Falling asleep is the problem.

If you're on the fence about trying this way of eating, get off and try it! Give yourself 2 weeks and see if you don't start looking and feeling better  :)  You can do it!

gunsmith

• View Profile
Re: Headaches appear to be gone after just under 3 weeks
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 09:04:08 PM »
After the initial introduction to wheat free was over ( for me a week or two ) my sleep improved dramatically and my ability to get up in the morning and work out did too.
Now after a few months I almost take it for granted.
Almost!

arlin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2013, 08:47:22 AM »
Falling asleep is the problem.

Thank you for sharing the improvements you've been experiencing! I'm happy for you that your chronic headaches are a thing of the past. Good for you!! And getting a deeper, longer sleep without the help of any sleep aid will definitely help your overall health. I think it's necessary to get a good nights' sleep so the body can regroup and heal.

If you're having a problem falling asleep you might try a few minutes of quiet before bed. Just sit in a comfortable position with no light or noise around you and try to let your mind go. I guess you could call it meditation of a sort. There are so many types of meditation that I get confused, so I just do the sitting and NOT thinking in the dark for a little while (maybe 5-10 minutes?) before bed and I find I drop off much easier. I used to suffer from insomnia and I hated it (WAY too much endless chatter in my brain!). Even after I finally got some sleep I would wake up  groggy and foggy brained and feeling like I'd been drugged.

I really try to get that quiet time without exposing myself to the lights of the tv or computer or any other distraction. You might give it a try for a few nights in a row and see if it helps.

scrupulousgirl

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2013, 09:37:24 AM »
Arlin,

Thank you for your response. I do have a quiet prayer time before I go to sleep, but maybe I will try to cut the lights off while doing so. Thank you for the suggestion.

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2013, 10:07:48 AM »
I bet it's a relief not to have headaches!

lyra

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2013, 10:28:54 AM »
That's great news. I don't get headaches very frequently either since I started with WB. I used to routinely take two aspirin or motrin in the evening for pain, headache or muscle ache or both, but not anymore!

Lynda (Fl)

• Wheat-free for 4 years
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2013, 11:15:05 AM »
Getting rid of terrible headaches is something to celebrate.

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2013, 11:52:33 AM »
Congrats on being headache free! This is the first year (ever!) that I haven't needed allergy meds after returning north in the springtime....amazing! I'm sure Clariton is feeling it in their bottom line....

Teresa

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2013, 02:35:49 PM »
Same thing happened to me too and I didn't even realize it right away.  I used to have headaches relatively often and then one day I realized I couldn't remember exactly when I last had one.  I've had maybe 2 or 3 in the last six months as opposed to once or twice a week for pretty much all of history before that.  And I noticed when I do get a headache now, it's not that severe and goes away pretty easily with a little tylenol or motrin. 
~Teresa

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2013, 02:35:49 PM »

Sponsored Links