This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Weight Stabilized  (Read 2300 times)

Lynda (Fl)

• Wheat-free for 4 years
    • View Profile
Weight Stabilized
« on: July 11, 2013, 11:11:22 AM »
It's a small thing next to all the other benefits of wheatless living but it's been a struggle: after a year and a half, I've finally gotten my weight to stay in one place. It goes up now by the amount of fluid I retain during the day and then returns to the same reading the next morning.  This is sure an improvement over my weight just inching up every day!  Now maybe I can figure out what to eat for better nutrition.  My son and his girl have reduced their wheat consuption,too.  I'm sure it was only my successes added to their own research but I like to think I helped.  Maybe next they'll give it up altogether.  So, after a year and a half, here are my successes: reduced arthritic pain (couldn't hold a needle to sew a button), reduced c-reactive protein (was normal, now optimum), reduced fluid retention, improved thyroid function, reduced peripheral neuropathy pain, weight loss, and reduced BP meds by half.  I'm not a medical miracle but I feel sooo much better.

Teresa

• View Profile
Re: Weight Stabilized
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 02:29:35 PM »
I don't think it's a small thing at all. I think it's amazing!  You're swimming against the tide, you're getting gradually better instead of gradually worse like most of society does as we age. And that is something to celebrate.   :D 
~Teresa

arlin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2013, 04:37:04 PM »
I don't think it's a small thing either. I think it's wonderful!! It seems you've had many successes in the time you've been doing this. I hope the kids decide to give it up altogether. They'll have an advantage that many of us didn't...starting early in their lives!

I'm encouraged that my grand daughter and her husband are willing to learn about this too. They're thinking strongly about changing the way they eat, and asking a lot of questions. They have one toddler, and one on the way, so I'm really hoping they make the change and stick with it for all their sakes. Imagine what a benefit it will be for the babies to start out life without the toxins we've been ingesting for so long! Fingers crossed :)

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2013, 05:50:16 PM »
Those are a lot of incredible improvements!  Certainly impacts the quality of life.

lyra

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2013, 04:06:42 AM »
Yes, that is fantastic. I can understand about the arthritic pain, as mine has improved so much, that alone is worth it.

Lynda (Fl)

• Wheat-free for 4 years
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2013, 08:19:44 AM »
Thank you all for being so wonderfully supportive and for all the info I've gotten here.  I decided to post my message to encourage people to stick it out and give themselves some time to heal.  I feel too many expect too much, too soon.  While I certainly understand being tired of feeling miserable, like someone mentioned here and on WB, we didn't get here overnight so we can't expect to heal overnight.  I took Dr.D's advise on suppliments to heart as well and that also helped.  As we all know, it's not just the wheat, it's the lifestyle.

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2013, 08:19:44 AM »

Sponsored Links