This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: One Month in  (Read 21633 times)

Linda R

Re: One Month in
« Reply #50 on: May 19, 2014, 04:05:24 PM »
Linda & Jan, Thank you for your encouragement and responding. For anyone who has dropped Dairy for at least 30 days, did you see good results? Was it mainly in how you felt and not about weight loss? Cheese, Full-Fat Greek Yogurt and Sour Cream have been the main items I've been having recently and the doctor I am seeing now is recommending that I drop Dairy. I'm ok and on board with that and willing to try it for 30 days. Did you feel the need to do it longer than 30 days? I had hoped to have the Thyroid results today, but no luck so far. Hoping to hear from the Doc by Wednesday.

Bailey

Yes!

Even though I have a scale buried deeply in the back of my closet, I do not use it. Instead, I keep an eye on myself by the way my Levis fit from week to week.

I have been on a LCHF WOE since July of 2008. My weight has pretty well plataued, however, during the winter, I went overboard on the full fat Cabot Yogurt, Organic Valley Whole milk, plus other recipes containing heavy cream or sour cream.

When I tried on my jeans earlier this year, they WERE VERY TIGHT!

Crap!!!

I re-watched Dr. Davis' videos regarding the inability to lose even on a very low carb, grain free diet, and looked back at my food diaries, and decided to ditch all dairy.

It has now been 8 weeks and my jeans are getting more and more comfy every day, so, it is working. Please be aware that I lose weight VERY SLOWLY, regardless of the WOE. I have always been this way.

I have decided to continue going dairy free for a full 13 weeks [3 months] and then reevaluate my situation.

BTW I did not give up cheese. According to Dr D, cheese is Ok. It is the whey in dairy that causes the problem and most of the whey is removed during the process of making cheese.

I do miss some of the delicious soups made with heavy cream and I really loved that yogurt which I ate just about every day with organic berries or homemade granola. But, I WILL NOT begin buying jeans in a larger size. NOT GONNA HAPPEN!

scrupulousgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 25, 2014, 05:32:47 AM »
Latest update:

The good news is I do not have Hypothyroidism. The test showed that I have slightly normal-high RT3, which is related to elevated Coritsol. The Doctor recommended that I go up to 10,000 IU Vitamin D3 for 30 days and 2 - 3x/week sun bathing for 20 - 40 mins each this Summer, enough to get a slight tan. It was also confirmed that I have Andrenal Fatigue, which was mildly pointed out when I had the NRT testing back in April, but this latest doc gave more definition to it and I'm now reading a book by Marcelle Pick about Adrenals and learning quite a bit of good information.

I thought I would share my Cholesterol screen.

09/30/13 (3.5 months into WB/Paleo)

Total Cholesterol 217
HDL 52
LDL 144
Triglycerides 104

05/12/14

Total Cholesterol 243
HDL 62
LDL 156
Triglycerides 125

Because of the Adrenal Fatigue, I am going to have to slow down on workouts at the gym and instead take several long walks during the week, preferably at a local park or trail that is flat. I can still go do a more intense workout at the gym twice a week. I am researching some additional supplements on my own because the Maximized Living Doctor appears to make TONS of money from his own brand of supplements. He made recommendation for (4) supplements which cost a total of $200/month and looking to have me on them for at least (3) months. I was not interested in that since there was no ability to talk to anyone who had been on them or see Online reviews. I am not discouraged. I get people have to make a living somehow, but if you're into helping people heal, I can't understand not making it affordable.

I have successfully dropped Dairy for a full week now and I realized I clear my throat less often and have had a fairly good digestive week. I tried and added Kimchi and a different brand of Sauerkraut earlier in the week to help my gut. The Kimchi wasn't as bad as I expected, and I'm sure it's better if you make it at home, but just not into that as of now. I think I could probably have them both a couple of times a week, so we'll see how that goes.

Bailey

scrupulousgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 01, 2014, 07:45:24 PM »
This weekend, I celebrated (2) weeks bring dairy free, which has been way easier than I thought and I tried on these Shorts that I've been waiting to see if I could get into before end of Summer 2014. I am down an additional (4) lbs AND THOSE SHORTS WITH A ZIPPER FIT, I started balling crying in disbelief, because when I purchased them in 2011, I was FORTY pounds SMALLER than where the scale says I am now! If you've been doing this a while and haven't seen the results you were expecting, let me be your proof. Even if the scale isn't showing you a change, good things are going on in your body. They truly are! I'm super close to celebrating my 1 year and it just keeps getting more enjoyable!

Bailey

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 02, 2014, 11:04:05 AM »
YAY!   Good for you Bailey!

scrupulousgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2014, 04:57:30 PM »
This last week I got to celebrate my one-year Wheat & Grain-Free anniversary. I am so jazzed to keep going and not give-up! The Scale says I lost (42) lbs, but in recent weeks continued teetering towards (45) lbs. I finally made the decision this week to remove the (4) Triple A batteries from my Scale and put them in the trash. I have made peace with myself that I can begin to rely more on how I look and feel in my smaller clothes. This has been a huge hurdle for me and I'm celebrating the new freedom from the scale, because I know it's a liar.

I still am working on figuring out how my brain will ever catch-up to my new smaller size. I feel like I have so much more confidence in different areas of my life and have been telling more people lately about what going Grain-Free and losing the inflammation can do. I am so much closer to beating IBS and that has added to my confidence and freedom to go out and actually participate in my life. I'm not sitting on the side-line of my own game anymore!

I am looking forward to the next year and less concerned about the weekly losses. I know it will come. The Gym workouts and other outside activity I've been able to do recently are making me leaner and stronger. The fat-girl in my house has left the building ha ha ha!

Bailey

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2014, 05:12:14 PM »
This is sure wonderful for you!  You have gained a great deal of wisdom too.  Everything is just coming together for you!    :) Rejoice!!!    There is a lot more to come.

Lynda (Fl)

• Wheat-free for 4 years
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 23, 2014, 11:16:29 AM »
Bailey, you are the picture of the success that comes when someone just doesn't give up.  That cheering you hear is all for you.

BarbinNC

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 23, 2014, 05:29:15 PM »
I've really enjoyed reading your story, it gives me hope.  It feels good to know you made it, very motivating story, and much to be learned from it.  YAY for you!!!

:)

scrupulousgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 23, 2014, 06:43:59 PM »
I've really enjoyed reading your story, it gives me hope.  It feels good to know you made it, very motivating story, and much to be learned from it.  YAY for you!!!

:)

Barb, Thank you for your kind words. I still have a long, long way to go before I'm out of the Obese category according to the scale, but I've really strived to make this a way of life. PCOS and Insulin resistance certainly hasn't helped, but psychologically seeing a size 18 pant and XXL T-shirt really has kept my spirits up. Per the scale, last time I was wearing those sizes, I was 40lbs lighter and I just keep celebrating with a happy dance lol. I no longer dread going to try on clothes, because I know I can easily find something that will fit. 

Barbara & Lynda, Thank you both also for your acknowledgements. I appreciate it!  :)

Bailey

BarbinNC

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 26, 2014, 08:01:51 PM »
Bailey, you deserve a lot of kudos for sticking with it, and I know what you mean by feeling that special high, when putting on a smaller size, and it fits!  Nothing much better, and well deserved!

Keep up the good work!

scrupulousgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: August 01, 2014, 07:40:14 AM »
It has been 75 days since I dropped Dairy. I have purposefully had it twice, in the way of Gluten-Free pizza with my family and (2) times eating out and ordering Ceasar salad no croutons and just not really thinking it through about the dressing and cheese on the salad. Fortunately, I had no bad reactions in those instances, but overall, I feel much better without any dairy, so I will continue on with that process. IBS issues have really slowed down also since dropping dairy, and of course, I am thrilled. I am still taking Colostrum and have incorporated more Gelatin in the way of smoothies, Chocolate Avocado pudding, etc. Still haven't gotten the courage up to make Bone Broth.... I know, I know lol The one I tried from barebonesbroth.com back in the Spring was good. I recently discovered http://saltfireandtime.com/ via a Tweet from Juli Bauer with paleoomg.com that also provides ready made Bone broth for purchase in a pinch.

Another encouraging thing is that it has been over 40 days since I got on the scale. I am really thankful for the attitude that I have gained of just being able to feel good in how my clothes fit/feel vs what the number on the scale is. I am still working out, still getting my walks in when I don't go to the gym and totally thrilled that I haven't just given up since losing weight has been so slow. If I can leave a marked impression on anyone, it would be for someone with PCOS and that is even if this way of eating and losing weight is a slow journey and definitely a learning process, it works, I feel better, haven't had PMS in 13 of my 14 months now and with the drop of dairy, my monthly acne is gone and I'm just grateful for a new all around attitude.

Bailey

Suzhookem

• Wheat Free April 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 01, 2014, 09:36:13 AM »
Congrats Bailey! Looks like you've finally found the right combination. Glad you stuck with it!

VibeRadiant

« Reply #62 on: August 01, 2014, 09:54:53 AM »
Excellent!
I know for me I started this just to lose my wheat belly, and it didn't fall off like I wanted. BUT all the other benefits are torally worth eating this way.
This is the longest I've been on any diet, if this could be called a diet.
Countdown to 12 months has begun!

scrupulousgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 02, 2014, 04:56:44 PM »
Good evening! I have a couple of updates I would like to share.

At the end of September, I discovered that my Coconut oil Fat bombs were causing diarrhea, which I was attributing to IBS. After being completely off of them the entire month of October, no "IBS like" symptoms!!!!!! [size=78%]I am back to testing out how I do with "problems" foods. Unfortunately, nuts are a problem. [/size][/size][size=78%]The Black tea I was so fond of still causes issues, so definitely not drinking it regularly. I'm excited to be able to have Blueberries again occasionally. [/size]

I have been taking side Profile pix about every (7) - (8) weeks. Even though the scale has not budged in over (6) months, I'm still losing fat! I took a picture 09/15 and one today 11/02 and there is a very noticeable difference in the size of my gut and fat apron! The only change I've made is stopping the fat bombs.

Maybe my next Yoga class is not as far off as I thought  :D

Bailey

scrupulousgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 07, 2015, 11:23:29 AM »
I recently started on Magnesium Malate about a week later started on Ashwaganda for Adrenal Fatigue. Both of these have been crazy helpful and wish I had started on them long ago. I was nervous about starting the Magnesium until I got the IBS under control, but now things are really working well and I'm not having any issues there. I also finally have experienced no arthritis pain in my bad knee. I noticed it getting better this past Summer, but was concerned about stopping the Cat's Claw. I've been off that for (2) months now with zero knee issues. It doesn't even lock up the way it used to sometimes! I am still stuck in this Fat loss vs Scale Weight loss phase. The Scale isn't budging, but I am keeping on keeping on. I love how I feel and you can't beat that!

Bailey

BarbinNC

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 16, 2015, 03:46:18 PM »
That's great to hear, Bailey - so glad you're feeling good, keep us updated and share all your new found knowledge.  8)

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #65 on: February 16, 2015, 03:46:18 PM »

Sponsored Links