This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Warning: Gluten-Free  (Read 3934 times)

Bob Niland (Boundless)

• View Profile
Warning: Gluten-Free
« on: July 21, 2013, 02:40:41 PM »
The base article for this thread has been updated and migrated to, and is now being maintained on, the Cureality forum at:
Warning: Gluten-Free

I remain a WFF user, and WFF users are welcome to continue commenting on it here, but I only want to maintain it in one place.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 02:11:06 PM by Boundless »

scrupulousgirl

Re: Warning: Gluten-Free
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2013, 10:42:22 AM »
Excellent reminder. Thank you, Boundless!

HS4

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2013, 07:41:43 PM »
Yes, and thanks for the reminder that 'gluten free' doesn't necessarily mean wheat free, Boundless!

Bea

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2013, 02:19:56 AM »
Just recently I read that one country had a tax break for gluten free foods. Vague recall that it was Canada. Obviously they are oblivious of the potential harmful effects of GF. I hope Australia doesn't follow suit.

LibbyMe

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2013, 12:06:28 PM »
I've begun attending a "gluten-free" support group in my community thinking perhaps they might give me ideas on shopping, eating out etc.  Well----most of these folks have celiac disease, as does the leader of the pack.  I spoke to her before the meeting began (& we've e-mailed as well).  She hadn't been truly familiar with the WB book, but had heard "something" of it.  Yesterday we had a meeting so she wanted to point out to me that she'd purchased the book, was reading it BUT wanted me to know that I probably couldn't share much about it at the meeting level with folks.  I told her I wasn't there to promote my plan...but just like everyone else find out information.  It bothered me that they had a whole table in the back devoted to OTC products that are promoted as "gluten free"...I began to say something about that to her.  Her comment was "these folks are so traumatized by their diagnosis they have to have something good to ear!" (or words to that affect).  As she reads the book though, I wonder if she'll have a change of mind??!!
One thing they also do in this club is stand up and announce "new" gluten free products.  Yesterday they had a tasting party of "gluten" free hors d'hoerves, desserts and other dishes.  MOST recipes I wouldn't eat due to the sugar in them, the tapioca flour and other items WB doesn't adhere to----so I left early.  Maybe if I continue the folks will get to know me and SEE the affects WB does have in a positive way for people.  I might add, I saw some over-weight individuals there.

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2013, 02:49:11 PM »
Apparently, the FDA is releasing new guidelines for gluten-free food items....

[font=.HelveticaNeueUI]http://www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/Newsroom/PressAnnouncements/ucm363474.htm[/font]

LibbyMe

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2013, 03:48:29 PM »
I visited a "health-food" store just today so began reading labels on the "gluten-free" items.  Man, what is missing (gluten) is made up in other grains and sugars.  Hence it wouldn't profit me to try them since I'm a type 2 diabetic bent on lowering my A1c.  I've already been successful in doing just that by adhering the best I can to W.B. and what Dr. Davis recommends!

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2013, 03:48:29 PM »

Sponsored Links