This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Pepperidge Farm  (Read 1546 times)

Linda R

Pepperidge Farm
« on: July 24, 2013, 07:12:24 AM »
Another "what have they done to our food?" article.

http://foodbabe.com/2013/06/26/how-pepperidge-farm-duped-my-family/

Bob Niland (Boundless)

• View Profile
Re: Pepperidge Farm
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 08:46:46 AM »
And she hasn't even figured out the full scope of the horror, failing to identify "Wheat Flour" as supervillain #1. The article seems to be a complaint that the products aren't primarily wheat. :o

The backstory on Pepperidge Farm is interesting, but of course today, even "home baked" bread with no preservatives could trigger asthma, due to the "non GMO" genetic menace that is semi-dwarf hybrid wheat.

GMO and preservatives are things worth avoiding, but people need to discover that they are WAY down the checklist. The wheat and sugar loads alone in these PF products make them utterly unfit for human consumption.

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2013, 12:39:28 PM »
I remember when Pepperidge Farm products were considered premium, top of the line quality.  And they were!  Slowly, the recipes changed and the products became overly sweet with lots of additives.  No longer premium quality.  By the mid 70's, the products were barely edible in my opinion.  Their breads remained premium quality for a bit longer. 

I learned how to bake and happily made my own pastries, cakes, tarts and cookies when a celebration was at hand.  Often made bread too.  My thinking was that there weren't any harmful additives, colors, too much sugar or preservatives.  My labors were worth it!  Everything was delicious and I became skilled at decorations, although I rarely used a sugary icing.  Never did I think that the basic wheat  was the WORST ingredient until I read Wheat Belly. 

What havoc has been wrought for profits!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 10:07:48 AM by Barbara from New Jersey »

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2013, 12:39:28 PM »

Sponsored Links