This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Wheat Belly eating with an ostomy  (Read 2089 times)

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
Wheat Belly eating with an ostomy
« on: July 25, 2013, 07:22:57 AM »
Hi all,

A long time friend has inquired about the WB way of eating. She had cancer surgery about 20 years ago and has an ostomy bag which she irrigates.  Her concern is about the fiber which is limited with her condition.  Worried about constipation and diarrhea too.  Any advice or references would be appreciated.  Currently, she feels lethargic, has a UTI which is  keeping her up all night and is going from doctor to doctor hoping for some relief.

I posted on WB blog just now, but since so many of you are research savvy, I was hoping you can help point her in the right direction considering her limitations.  I can email your responses to her - thank you Rita!

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
Re: Wheat Belly eating with an ostomy
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2013, 07:44:42 AM »
Barbara.....this might get you started.....I found several sites online when googling 'ostomies & paleo.

http://bellatrixnutrition.wordpress.com/2012/07/12/rebuilding-my-life-with-paleo-gluten-free-grain-free/
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 08:14:00 AM by Rita »

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2013, 07:52:54 AM »
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 08:14:15 AM by Rita »

Janknitz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2013, 08:33:31 AM »
She should listen to this podcast. http://www.askbryan.com/thepodcast/63

Eliminating grain will change her life for the better.

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2013, 08:33:31 AM »

Sponsored Links