This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Tuna Salad/Chicken Salad  (Read 2828 times)

deanna in AR

• WF Sept. 2011
    • View Profile
Tuna Salad/Chicken Salad
« on: August 04, 2013, 02:04:15 PM »

Found this recipe today, haven't tried it yet. I think it would probably be good in tuna salad too.

AVOCADO CHICKEN SALAD (no mayo)

Where has this been my whole life?!?!...No mayo!..

2 or 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 avocado
1/4 chopped onion,
juice of 1/2 a lime,
2 Tbsp cilantro,
salt and pepper to taste

Cook chicken breast until done, let cool, and then shred. Mix with all other ingredients.

arlin

• View Profile
Re: Tuna Salad/Chicken Salad
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 02:34:06 PM »
I make chicken salad nearly every week. It would be great to make it without any mayo for once! The only thing I would change about this recipe is to get breasts with the bone in. I find that the chicken is more tender and juicy if it's cooked with the bone. But that's just my personal choice. :)

Thanks again for another great recipe. I've used several that you've posted and haven't been disappointed yet!

deanna in AR

• WF Sept. 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2013, 02:50:15 PM »
I was at Walmart today and tried to find chicken breasts with the bone in. No luck!

arlin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2013, 03:01:26 PM »
Yeah, that can be a problem. I get my chicken at Fresh Market. It's antibiotic free. Do you have one in your area?

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2013, 03:02:21 PM »
Deanna......Someone sent me that recipe a few weeks ago and I've made it twice.....both times with great success! (I may be able to download photo of one of them). Anyway, the first time I made it, I had so me leftover 'Savoy Chicken", which is......cut up whole chicken in baking pan, brushed with olive oil, top with 1 crushed garlic, 1 teas. oregano, salt and pepper and 1/3 cup grated either Romano     or parm cheese.....bake for about an hour at 400.....before serving, pour 3 or 4 tabs. of while balsamic  vinegar over the chicken......very tasty and it was great mixed with the avocado for the salad.  Then I used some chicken breast baked in lemon and when I added them to the avocados, I added some cayenne pepper to zip it up! Highly recommend the salad!

deanna in AR

• WF Sept. 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2013, 03:23:47 PM »
Thanks for the info Jan. i think I'm gonna try it with tuna tonight. Your Savoy Chicken sounds wonderful!

deanna in AR

• WF Sept. 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2013, 03:27:13 PM »
Lin, no Fresh Market nearby. We've been to the one in Little Rock a number of times though when we stay at Maumelle RV Park.

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2013, 03:44:07 PM »
I realized I left an ingredient out of the 'Savoy Chicken' recipe......add one cup of chicken bone (or stock) broth to your baking pan.....sorry :o

bcflyfisher

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2013, 12:13:33 PM »
Haven't tried a chicken salad but for tuna salad I just use EVOO and tons of Dijon.  I can't get enough...

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2013, 12:13:33 PM »

Sponsored Links