This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Bone broth?  (Read 38217 times)

Randal

• View Profile
Re: Bone broth?
« Reply #100 on: February 14, 2015, 01:03:31 PM »
I just found bone broth at Whole Paycheck (while looking for beef broth for my first attempt at beef stew). I'm sure it's not as good as making it from scratch, but I've been meaning to start bone broth for a while.

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 14, 2015, 02:16:52 PM »

Randall,

No, not as good as homemade, but much better than not having it.  Some of the organic brands of broth have started supplying stores with their version of bone broth.  If you don't like the flavor, try another brand.  Flavors vary a great deal.

By the way, Whole Pqycheck probably has bones for bone broth near their frozen meat department.  If you are planning to make a broth, save any veggie ends in your freezer.  Add them to the water.  Root veggie scraps are excellent.  You might try freezing the bones, skin and fat from any chicken you eat until you have enough to fill maybe half your largest pot.  Add the water, 1 TSP apple cider or any vinegar and some peppercorns, bring to a boil and turn down to a simmer.  Cover and cook it for 24 hours. 

Large bones from big animals need much longer to cook than small chicken bones.

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 18, 2015, 09:33:10 AM »
Bone broth goes mainstream......

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=msUrOxooIEg

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #102 on: July 18, 2015, 09:33:10 AM »

Sponsored Links