This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: sugar-free hazelnut syrup - any suggestions  (Read 1051 times)

Pooka

• View Profile
sugar-free hazelnut syrup - any suggestions
« on: August 07, 2013, 10:31:28 AM »
Hi all,

I love the Grainless granola in WB but it calls for sugar-free hazelnut syrup. Many weeks ago when I made my first batch I used Starbucks. But later as I got to know a teeny bit more, I looked for other such syrups. Alas, I couldn't find any without "bad" ingredients. I tried making a batch yesterday for my daughter using liquid stevia and good vanilla extract. Eh! Not the same, but they liked it. I didn't.

Anyway, could someone tell me the lesser of three evils (or any other info/brand). I'll list the offending or unknown (at least to me) ingredients.

Starbucks -natural and artificial favors, maltodextrin, cellulose gum, sodium benzoate.
DaVinci - natural & artificial colors, cellulose gum, sodium benzoate.
Torani- natural flavors, sodium benzoate, potassium sorbate, acesulfame potassium, caramel color.

I haven't been able to find any hazelnut extract either to use in place of the vanilla. They seem to contain agave. I am thinking of making my own, but it takes so long. But if there is no other alternative...

Hopefully, this isn't too convoluted and any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Wheat Free Forum

sugar-free hazelnut syrup - any suggestions
« on: August 07, 2013, 10:31:28 AM »

Sponsored Links