This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: WHoo Hoo  (Read 2465 times)

LibbyMe

• View Profile
WHoo Hoo
« on: August 08, 2013, 07:53:19 AM »
I had an early morning fasting lab app't as I'm seeing my primary next week.  I always hate going to the clinic as they weigh-every-single-time!!!  However, it's sort of becoming fun! Did I actually say "FUN"???
When I began W.B. back in January, I erred in not weighing myself for a set-point!  Thinking maybe because for so many years I hated the scale AND I wasn't really trusting that W.B. would work for me.  I finally stepped on my scale in mid-Feb. deciding I'd do it on that date, once each month.  My clinic's scale weighs 5 or better lbs MORE than the one at home.  I'm sticking with the home one...LOL!!!  Anyway, today the scale showed me to be down another 5 lbs from my last visit 3 mo. ago.  I'm insulin resistant so the lbs aren't "falling" off BUT I'm losing so that's something.  Today was another encouragement for me to keep on keeping on!!!
I wanted to share here too about how I still read labels, even in health-food stores!  Gluten-free is a huge buzz word(s) these days as we all know.  Yesterday I visited a new health-food store in our community and of course they had items that "might" tantalize if we didn't have Dr. Davis to educate us!  ALL of these had sugar, sugar, sugar in them.  Sugar isn't our friend neither...it certainly isn't mine!!   As an aside to this, I haven't tried any of our W.B. items for desserts/snack foods as it's difficult to find all of the ingredients needed.  I'm working on it, slowly but surely!!   
I also want to say (again) I'm so very thankful for this forum too...where we can come for encouragement and information!!!  :)

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
Re: WHoo Hoo
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2013, 09:02:07 AM »
Glad you are staying encouraged and enthusiastic! 

You are 100% correct in that sugar is not our friend,  The good thing about WB is that sweet things begin to taste much too sweet and you are not tempted for even a little bite.  Candy, condiments, ice cream and packaged everything else is the same.  You will wonder how you ever ate these items.

In a few weeks you will be talking about your beautiful skin and lustrous hair!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 09:48:26 AM by Barbara from New Jersey »

Lynda (Fl)

• Wheat-free for 4 years
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2013, 09:21:28 AM »
You go, girl!  I'm so happy for you.

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2013, 11:19:41 AM »
Awesome! And isn't it great that it's now 'fun'?!

arlin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2013, 12:40:31 PM »
I'm happy for you Libby! :) And yes, it really is "fun" to get the blood work done knowing the numbers will look better (and the scales too). Last time I was in, my bp was well into the normal range. First time that's ever happened when I was in a dr.s office for a check up. I have white coat hypertension anyway which really made my numbers look bad so it was quite a relief (and FUN!) to hear those acceptable numbers.

Kudos. Keep up the good work!!

LibbyMe

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2013, 08:42:59 AM »
Thank you Arlin!!!  I LOVE to be able to come here and "chat" and get encouragements!!!

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2013, 08:42:59 AM »

Sponsored Links