This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: I'm Rita  (Read 2120 times)

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
I'm Rita
« on: April 17, 2013, 12:06:41 PM »
My name is Rita, and I thought I'd start this forum since we needed a place for wheat belly users to come and connect.   Dr. Davis, the author of the wheat belly book and cookbook has a terrific blog at http://www.wheatbellyblog.com that you should still go and visit for daily inspiration.

I myself am relatively new to the wheat free lifestyle.   I'm on week 7 as of writing this today.   I stumbled across it as I've had a hard time losing weight due to insulin resistance.  I work out 3 times a week, and had what I thought was a pretty decent diet.  Yet, the weight kept creeping up, mainly in my stomach.

I also have PCOS, and I ran across an article online that said 80% of people who have PCOS have wheat sensitivity, and how that was related to insulin resistance.

That then led me to more research, which then led me to the Wheat Belly Diet.

I've never been much of a bread eater, but I had been enjoying my morning cereal, which was a multigrain/flax/pumpkin seed cereal.  Sounds healthy right?   Well, I think those whole wheat grains were my problem.

I've eliminated that cereal, along with other wheat products, and after 2 days, I already noticed how different I felt.   I wasn't hungry at 10am, my hair wasn't falling out, and I felt inflammation go down in my stomach.

I've also chosen to not do high glycemic replacement carbs.   Not sure yet how much weight I've lost ( since I never weigh myself ), but people say they notice.  I can tell that my clothes are more comfortable.

I find this to be a very easy diet, as there is no calorie counting or carb counting.  I've come up with creative dishes that I really enjoy.   I'll share some of those in the recipe section.

TFGal

• View Profile
Re: I'm Rita
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2013, 03:52:50 PM »
Thanks for putting this together! I've been doing Wheat Belly since last fall and although I haven't lost much weight, I definitely feel better. I have almost no appetite anymore, so I can focus on putting together healthy meals instead of quelling my sugar shock.

I think a lot of people come around to this lifestyle due to health issues; with me, it's hypothyroidism. I'm on a quest to heal myself enough to get off the meds doctors tell you you have to take the rest of your life with this condition. I believe Western medicine definitely has a place but it's not the answer to every medical question. I live in a relatively small city with few alternative practitioners so it's a challenge to try different methods.

I love the Wheat Belly blog but folks do tend to go off on tangents occasionally during interesting discussions, so I'm looking for this forum.  :) I'm planning to post my favorite chocolate cake recipe soon (I modified it from a former favorite recipe with the usual wheat/sugar devils).

Sula

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2013, 08:32:42 PM »
Hi Rita I'm happy to be a part of your forum, thanks for making it.
And TFGirl ; I look forward to that chocolate cake recipe. I'm sure everyone is looking forward to it. ;D

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2013, 08:42:54 PM »
You're welcome Sula.  :)

Sula

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2013, 09:04:21 PM »
OOOOPS! TFGal