This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: An updated Whoo Hoo.....  (Read 1993 times)

LibbyMe

• View Profile
An updated Whoo Hoo.....
« on: August 15, 2013, 05:20:54 PM »
Well today I had an appointment with my primary.  I'm type 2 diabetic and insulin resistant plus have hypo-thyroid.  (I also have rheumatoid arthritis and fibro....but go to a rheumatologist for those).  Anyway, today was so she and I could go over my fasting labs.  My A1c went down from 6.0 to 5.8---six months ago it was 6.8!!!!  My cholesterol was this.---triglycerides were 103; total cholesterol was 233; Hdl was 81; LDL was 131; chold/hdlc ratio was 2.9 and the non-HDL cholesterol was 152.  She explains all this but in all actuality I still don't understand it.  But she said she's o.k. with how it looks.  It did improve from 3 mo. ago.  My thyroid was fine at 2 (I think it was.)  Oh...my weight...I confess back in January when I began W.B. I was skeptical on it working because of my insulin resistance, so I didn't step on the scale.  Well "doh"...I should have as I don't have an "exact" number to record. That said, I did begin a once-a-month meeting with the scale on the 15th. in Feb.  So stepped on it at home today and I'm down 30 lbs.  BUT I'm thinking it "has" to be more than that.  Of course the scale at the doctor's office weighs heavier but percentage wise---I've still lost that amount!!!  Her only concern was my BP, which has never been a concern---til now.  It was 150-something over 90-ish so she has me on lisenoprel (sp?) 1 tab/2X a day.  NOT sure why my BP would begin to change. 
When I was leaving she said, "Keep up doing what you're doing and I don't have to see you for SIX months!!!  That's a first for sure.
Went to a gluten-free support group in my community today.  Of course most folks there have celiac disease.  It was a "share your recipe" day and most were desserts etc.  I have to bite my tongue as most of these use sugar AND flours that WB doesn't recommend.  They also have a table full of (empty) containers of "gluten-free" (processed) foods one can buy at the stores.  I spoke with the leader before the meeting began (she has celiac) as I'd told her last month about the WB book. She has a copy and is reading it.  Will be interesting how she reacts to that.  Oh, she also shared it with the whole group on a book to read.  Someone piped up that it was  "MUST" read!!!  So yay, me!!!  I still get from people that they could never do this plan!!!

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
Re: An updated Whoo Hoo.....
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2013, 05:30:47 PM »
Awesome job!  Your triglycerides are great! 

I'm reading a book now called The Great Cholesterol Myth , and they basically say that we have wrongfully been looking at cholesterol as an indicator of heart disease, and that it's not a number we should be concerned with.  That triglycerides are what we really should worry about.  ( But try telling that to the doctors and drug companies, as 19 million people are on statins - a 30 billion dollar industry).

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2013, 06:15:59 PM »
What wonderful news!  The fibro and rheumatroid arthritis should be feeling better too!  Nice being in an upward spiral health wise, eh!  Stories like yours encourages us all. Thanks for sharing.

HungryinTN

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2013, 06:57:00 PM »
Where IS that darned "like" button when you need one?  Wonderful stuff!

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2013, 06:57:00 PM »

Sponsored Links