This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Hi I'm Lin  (Read 1100 times)

arlin

• View Profile
Hi I'm Lin
« on: April 22, 2013, 09:48:08 AM »
Thank you so much for starting this forum Rita!

I'm very new to the "Wheat Belly" family. I happened to see (on another completely unrelated forum) the link for a 5 minute news clip in which Dr. Davis was speaking. I nearly passed it by. But my curiosity got the best of me and I clicked on it. I'm so glad I did. After watching the clip, I immediately started googling anything I could find on Dr. Davis and his Wheat Belly diet. The more I read, the more excited I got, so I went right out and got the Wheat Belly book and the Wheat Belly cookbook.

I let go of wheat on April 1st (and all other grains as well, at least for the time being) and I've never looked back. I will never touch wheat again. It was a little overwhelming at first as I began immediately to clear out my pantry/fridge, etc but once that was done and I'd read the book thoroughly, I felt energized to continue on.

In the three short weeks since I've gone grain free my blood sugar has dropped into normal range (un-medicated), I've dropped a dress size, lost nearly 4 inches in my waist, and about 5 pounds. My energy level has skyrocketed! I've gone from "I HATE to cook" to "What fabulous meal can I make tonight?" and I'm thrilled with that. Making meals had become a burden but now I peruse the cookbook (and other sites) for recipes. I can't believe what a difference this had made to my life in such a short amount of time! I want the whole world to go wheat-free.  :)

Look forward to the many who will post here with their tips, testimonies, and encouragement. Between the books, blog, and forums, we should all gain a wealth of information that will insure our success at reaching our optimum health!

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
Re: Hi I'm Lin
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2013, 09:51:30 AM »
Welcome Lin.

In the three short weeks since I've gone grain free my blood sugar has dropped into normal range (un-medicated), I've dropped a dress size, lost nearly 4 inches in my waist, and about 5 pounds.

And what an amazing success story in just 3 weeks!!   Great job!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 12:38:09 PM by Rita »

deanna in AR

• WF Sept. 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2013, 11:26:55 AM »
Hi Lin,

Yep, I remember when I cleaned out my pantry/frig, I didn't have much left...a bunch of empty Tupperware containers. But I was excited. I used to HATE TO COOK too, but now I find it so much easier to prepare meals...and the payoff is I feel like we're eating healthy!

Deanna

arlin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2013, 11:52:42 AM »
You're right deanna, the payoff is so worth the time it takes to clear out and start over. It's also worth the time it takes to check labels and investigate some of the foods, additives, etc. we've all become so accustomed to. Hate to admit just how uneducated I am about so many things I was putting into my body. And I ain't no "spring chicken" LOL

The cost of switching over was a bit of a concern too. We're trying to take it slowly but finding that some things just need to be done quickly so we're making the adjustments the best we can. I do find that I'm not wasting food now like I was before, so that alone helps justify the cost of switching to non-grain flours, adding in more fresh veggies, etc. For once, my fridge is full on Monday and empty on Sunday. And hubby isn't complaining about the meals I fix, that's for sure. So much tastier than what we consumed in the past.  :)

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2013, 11:52:42 AM »

Sponsored Links