This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Hi...I'm, I'm Jan in Key West  (Read 1805 times)

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
Hi...I'm, I'm Jan in Key West
« on: April 22, 2013, 01:00:46 PM »
This is my home in the winter, and live summer months in the north where my son and I have a secondary scrap metal company. My focus on my return this summer is to do some due diligence and find more ways to enhance our health incentive programs. We currently have smoking cessation, drug and alcohol programs.....free fruit and water in the lunch rooms.....and fresh local veggies in the summer months. I sent WB to my son so he's forewarned!  Hey, if you can't have lofty goals, then why have any at all??  Thoughts? 

I came to this lifestyle to become healthier!  Dr. Davis's book literally blew me out of the water and some days I still remain overwhelmed by the process to reverse this insidious and destructive trend. We're in uncharted waters but at least now we have a strong boat!

My husband and I have been wheat/gluten/sugar/low dairy free for almost 11 weeks.....he has lost 5 or 6 lbs around his waist, the carpel tunnel/arthritis in his wrist is slowly receding.....sleep is deeper, not waking up at night, and I've never felt better in my life.....sleep better, shoulder arthritis gone, etc.  So many of our friends/family in the last few years have been diagnosed with cancer and I look at this dietary lifestyle to perhaps circumvent that in our bodies. I'm exploring the ketone component, so if anyone else is as well, then let's talk!

My last little issue is my DIL, who just received her masters of nutritional sciences and started a clinic with a ND that specializes in weight reduction. Yep, you guessed it......still recommending the healthy whole grains, but she did lower it to two helping per day. Yes, I sent her the book.....but she hasn't responded.....not a good sign. I love her like crazy so any words of encouragement will be appreciated!  Thanks for letting me ramble.....according to my husband, I do talk a lot, and I guess that translates to typing too!

arlin

• View Profile
Re: Hi...I'm, I'm Jan in Key West
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2013, 01:23:26 PM »
Hi Jan!
I enjoyed your post (especially the rambling  ;) ) I think the health incentive programs you are offering are fabulous. Kudos! As far as lofty goals? Why not go big? Focus on what you truly want!! I have lofty goals as well as far as my children are concerned. I've shared Dr. Davis' book with all four of my children. One scoffed outright, one kinda went "meh, ok for you Mom, but I'm fine thanks", one is thinking about it, and one has bought the book for herself and has started on the program. Not a bad beginning all in all.

I agree with you on the book as well. I was stunned that something so insidious in the foods we eat is so dangerous for our health. But so relieved to know that simply doing without it can bring about so many wonderful changes in our bodies. I wish "the powers that be" would simply leave our food alone, but since that may not be the way of it for awhile, it's good that we can get the help we need from "pioneers" like Dr. Davis and others.

Your DIL may put this new information on the back burner for now, but just being exposed to it gives her the opportunity to take a look at it when she's ready. The important thing is that you were willing to share it with her.

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2013, 01:25:59 PM »
Addendum:  Ha......guess I wasn't done talking!  Even after losing my first husband to cancer 11 yrs. ago, and dealing with the financial blows that come with a business, I feel blessed and since retiring, am committed to giving back to both my southern and northern communities. Women's health issues, AIDS help down here and up north I implemented a yoga program for women in jail.....and let me tell you, that is one of the coolest things I've ever done!  Now I'm finding a passion for WB and if Dr. Davis designs a program for WB education etc....I'll get my tush in line! I can see great retirement opportunities!   The end....I promise!  ;-)

Sula

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2013, 08:21:59 PM »
Hi ya Jan! I love ur posts.

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2013, 05:57:07 AM »
Thanks Sula!  I like hearing your posts as well.....isn't this a great forum?

Sula

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2013, 07:40:01 AM »
Yes, it is a great forum... am still figurin out how to use it. Lots of great people and lots of great ideas and help.

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2013, 07:40:01 AM »

Sponsored Links