This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Satisfied  (Read 4405 times)

Lila

• View Profile
Satisfied
« on: September 01, 2013, 05:23:25 PM »
We just finished our dinner and it occurred to me that I'm full and satisfied, not full and bloated, wishing I had another roll and butter.  We had no trouble STOPPING!!

It is just wonderful to be able to STOP eating.  It feels wonderful NOT bingeing!

Happy Labor Day, y'all.

HungryinTN

Re: Satisfied
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2013, 05:45:35 PM »
Isn't it just the most wonderful thing?  I really have a hard time making myself eat sometimes.  Six months ago I never could have imagined the feeling of being satisfied at the end of the meal, much less not getting hungry within an hour or so after!

Lila

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2013, 05:49:08 PM »
Indeed, (Not)HungryinTN.   ;)

It is totally unbelievable.  And everything tastes so wonderful!! 

Incidentally, it has been awhile since I've been this happy, too.

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2013, 06:12:04 PM »
Lila,

Satisfied is a wonderful description of how you feel after eating a WB type meal!  No aches, no pains, no acid reflux, no burping, no need to take a nap or a walk to avoid the nap, etc.  This all means that your system is adjusting to the benefits of healthy eating.
And there are even more improvements to come!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 04:27:26 AM by Barbara from New Jersey »

Lila

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2013, 06:58:58 PM »
OMG--no burping.  I hadn't even connected the WB eating protocol with no burping but you're absolutely right.  (and the burping on the other end, LOL :) ).  I love it!!

And if I can lose a few pounds eventually that would be great too.

HungryinTN

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2013, 07:10:35 PM »
Oh the burping.  I can always tell I've eaten something I shouldn't have if I start with the burping. 

arlin

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2013, 09:39:06 AM »
We had a big game day and dinner at my granddaughter's house on Sat. They were bbqing but I'm particular about the meat I eat now so I made dh and myself a nice chicken salad and greens to eat. I knew they'd have all kinds of pre-game snacks, side dishes and desserts that I used to love, so I made the WB peanut butter pie to take along for me, dh, and my one daughter and granddaughter that have also gone wheat-free. I was just sure I'd want something sweet if I saw all the different dishes that I no longer eat. I was wrong. LOL I was so "satisfied" (that really is the perfect word) with the salad that I didn't want or need anything else. It's still sitting in the fridge waiting to be enjoyed!

You will see the weightloss benefits Lila. I know it's hard to wait for that particular benefit of going grain/sugar free, but I promise it will happen! Mine's been slow going as well, but I'm finally starting to see some real results. This isn't like so many other "diets" where the pounds drop off quickly but come right back on if you sneak a food you shouldn't (and that always happened whenever I tried other diets. I was unable to sustain them long because I never felt "satisfied", just hungry and deprived!). We'll all be here to celebrate your successes with you when you post about them! :)

Lynda (Fl)

• Wheat-free for 4 years
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2013, 10:19:06 AM »
It is great, isn't it?  I can't believe how little I need to eat to maintain my weight.  Since everybody is eating less, maybe we should all look up how much we need to maintain our nutrition.  I wouldn't even know where to start on that one.

VibeRadiant

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2013, 04:31:15 PM »
I too have eaten until full and felt satisfied afterwards. It boggles my mind how that works?

arlin

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2013, 09:42:53 AM »
I too have eaten until full and felt satisfied afterwards. It boggles my mind how that works?

A lot of things are "boggling my mind" when it comes to this WOE...less appetite, thinking half a grapefruit is "dessert" LOL, not missing the foods I was so sure I'd never be able to give up, feeling so good all the time. My friends and family are taking notice whether they want to or not. How can you ignore so much energy? LOL I have a long way to go, but compared to the girl they knew a mere 6 months ago, I seem so different to them nowadays.

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2013, 10:05:27 AM »
This is only the beginning for you!  The longer you stay grain and sugar free, the better your body works and the better you feel. 
Dr. D.'s current blog lists all the conditions that can be related to wheat consumption which causes the inflammations that need to be present for the condition to start.  The list is mind boggling! 

To actually eat a meal and leave feeling satisfied is amazing to those that needed to continually graze.  How odd that "grazing" behavior was and yet few doctors ever thought much about it, finding it easier to ignore or think of you as a glutton with limited will power.  How easy it is now to eat 2 or 3 times daily and not have that gnawing vague constant hunger for "something". 

Any wonder why wheat is added to as many foods as possible? 

Lynda (Fl)

• Wheat-free for 4 years
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2013, 10:06:16 AM »
If they could dig inside you, Arlin, they would see a different girl; you're so much healthier now.  Stick with it and they won't be able to ignore the evidence.

arlin

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2013, 10:17:28 AM »
Thank you Lynda! I do have one friend who is coming over tomorrow night to discuss switching to a WB diet. She bought the book after I lost my first few pounds and inches and has been hesitating to start since then. She really wants to...sees the difference and wants it badly for herself but is reluctant to begin. So was I! Thought it would be so much harder than it turned out to be. I hope I can say the right things to convince her that this is the best thing she can do for herself and give her the tips she needs to get started. I'm a little nervous. I really want this for her and don't want to be the one to let her down when she needs the good advice to start. I'm going to direct her to this site too so she can benefit from all the wisdom and support we have found with one another here. :)

Wish me luck!!

Lynda (Fl)

• Wheat-free for 4 years
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2013, 10:36:46 AM »
I wish you all the luck, Arlin.  Having a good friend to bounce ideas and menus off of will make all the difference to your friend.  My biggest hurdle (and still is) is to plan a meal that I'm in the mood to eat.  My son balks at WF because of the sandwich issue.  Help her overcome these and you're a double blessing in her life.

arlin

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2013, 10:48:58 AM »
Thanks. I appreciate it Lynda. Will do my best.

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2013, 10:48:58 AM »

Sponsored Links