This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: 5 months in  (Read 6520 times)

arlin

• View Profile
5 months in
« on: September 02, 2013, 09:19:40 AM »
Some of you may remember that I posted earlier that I stalled in my fourth month. I broke the stall in my fifth month. Only by a little, but still, I'm so happy about it!

Since the beginning in April, I have now lost a total of 14 pounds and 5.5 inches in my waist. I'm down several sizes though, so I'm assuming I'm still losing inches all over regardless of the amount of weight I've lost. I'm down from a size 18 to a comfortable 10. I've been able to find a few things (a couple of pair of shorts and my newest bathing suit) in a size 8 that fit quite well. I'm thrilled to say the least.

And, of course I'm still feeling a lot better with more energy and better sleep. And food is tasting so good these days without all the sugar and grains to muck it up!! :)

Thanks for all the support and cheerleading ya'll do. It's so appreciated!

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
Re: 5 months in
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2013, 09:36:31 AM »
Yeah!!

And out of curiosity, was the weight that you had stalled at in your 4th month, a weight that you had been at before for a long period in your life?

arlin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2013, 09:43:15 AM »
Yes, actually it was. I had a hard time getting past it before when I was trying Atkins and the SB diet as well. But I did finally get past those stalls too. I haven't been down to my ideal weight (about 110) in a long time, but I have confidence I will see it again some day. :) I was 95 pounds when I got married, so I have a small frame. Don't expect to see that again and to be honest, I think I'd look emaciated if I got that low. Not the tiny, tight teen I was back then!  ;) After having four kids and getting to this age, I think I'd look ridiculous at anything lower than 110.

Lynda (Fl)

• Wheat-free for 4 years
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2013, 10:14:20 AM »
Good for you, Arlin!  Persistence pays.  I had the same problem, weight didn't want to move.  I still have fat on my mid-section and it doesn't want to move either.  But... don't we feel better?

arlin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2013, 11:39:35 AM »
Good for you, Arlin!  Persistence pays.  I had the same problem, weight didn't want to move.  I still have fat on my mid-section and it doesn't want to move either.  But... don't we feel better?

I absolutely feel better!! It's the midsection that seems to be taking the longest time to shrink. I am down 5.5" though so that's about an inch a month. Can't really complain! :) The shape of my body changes all the time. I'm losing inches all over so maybe the body just knows how to lose the inches proportionately. I'm just going to trust in the process.

HungryinTN

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2013, 02:26:28 PM »
That is an incredible size change!  Great going!  I've noticed that inches are coming off of places apart from my waist that make a huge difference in the way my clothes fit too.  Lots of unexpected benefits to this lifestyle!

aspexil

• Went wheat free end of Feb 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2013, 09:27:58 AM »
I'm into my 7th month now too and had the same size reducing effect you saw.  End of July I took in my business suits to the tailor because they were all 6"+ too big.  Had to wear one of them on Aug 30th and it was an inch loose!  Okay, I guess that is a good problem to have!!  Just unreal how effective going wheat free has been. 

arlin

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2013, 11:24:30 AM »
Hungry and aspexil~I'm happy to hear that you've both been experiencing the same loss in dress size that I have. It's weird though. Not losing all that much weight, but sure am down the sizes. Not complaining at all. I've just never lost weight like this before. Sort of all over at the same time. Just found a drawer full of smaller shorts that I was saving for that day when I lost weight. (so much time has passed since I lost any weight that I forgot all about them!!)  So glad I saved them!! Won't have to buy anything new for awhile as long as it stays warm. :)

aspexil

• Went wheat free end of Feb 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2013, 11:46:12 AM »
Hungry and aspexil~I'm happy to hear that you've both been experiencing the same loss in dress size that I have. It's weird though. Not losing all that much weight, but sure am down the sizes. Not complaining at all. I've just never lost weight like this before. Sort of all over at the same time. Just found a drawer full of smaller shorts that I was saving for that day when I lost weight. (so much time has passed since I lost any weight that I forgot all about them!!)  So glad I saved them!! Won't have to buy anything new for awhile as long as it stays warm. :)

Probably from the inflammatory effect of wheat we are shrinking because our body is not bloated. 

I have never lost weight like this before either!  This is the only time in my life that I actually believe that I will make my goal weight.  People who know me tell me I look like a completely different person. 

arlin

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2013, 12:11:29 PM »

Probably from the inflammatory effect of wheat we are shrinking because our body is not bloated. 

I have never lost weight like this before either!  This is the only time in my life that I actually believe that I will make my goal weight.  People who know me tell me I look like a completely different person.

This is the first time I've ever thought that the weight loss might be sustainable! And the way of eating as well. I've never been so happy with the food I'm eating as I am on WB. I love, love, love not having the cravings. That's the best!!
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 12:13:11 PM by arlin »

HungryinTN

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2013, 02:09:33 PM »

This is the only time in my life that I actually believe that I will make my goal weight.  People who know me tell me I look like a completely different person.
Me too!  It might happen in fits and starts, but it's going to happen.  And better yet, I'll probably stay there!  I'm actually wondering if I might eventually be able to get below my goal.  I've never been of "normal weight."  As a teenager I usually hovered just above the top range for my height (partly because I am rather top-heavy, if you know what I mean), and despite taking loads of uppers, smoking like a chimney, and starving myself, I never got below about 148 (I'm 5'3'').  As an adult I've been on dozens of diets and 148 has still been the lowest I've ever gotten, so I've pretty much accepted that as my "normal" weight, but that I would never achieve it long-term because I've always had to eat below 1000 calories and work out for at least two hours every day, and I'd rather be fat!  My goal weight is generally about 165 because I'm reasonably comfortable in my own skin once I get below 170 and it isn't impossible to maintain.  With the new WF lifestyle, though, I feel like anything is possible! 

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2013, 02:38:51 PM »
With time, it most definitely IS possible to go below your guesstimate of what your weight should be.  Once you lose the inflammatory weight, your system will start functioning the way it was meant to function.  Excess fat will be burned for fuel!  That is why you can expect less fatty tissue in your shape.  Your pot belly and roll disappears as long as you keep on the 15 carb per meal routine.  This should work for the fatty tissue all over your body, fat legs and large breasts included.   

HungryinTN

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2013, 02:51:56 PM »
This should work for the fatty tissue all over your body, fat legs and large breasts included.

Can't wait to see the DDs and cankles go...

VibeRadiant

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2013, 10:44:50 AM »
I've been able to find a few things (a couple of pair of shorts and my newest bathing suit) in a size 8 that fit quite well. I'm thrilled to say the least.

[/size]
[/size][size=78%]Love it! I actually fit into a pair of dress pants that I haven't been able to wear in years! So something is working. Keep up the great work![/size]

arlin

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2013, 04:39:19 PM »
Thank you VibeRadiant! It's been slow but steady. I think it might be best that way. I was afraid I'd gain some back when we went on vacation, but I was a pretty good girl the whole time so I didn't gain. I think I stalled a bit, but that's ok. Those good Georgia grits were worth it!  ;D

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2013, 04:39:19 PM »

Sponsored Links