Main Discussion Area > Wheat Free Tips

Restaurant strategies

(1/8) > >>

Rita:
What are some of your best wheat-free strategies when you go to a restaurant?

Bing:
I switch to 'outdoors mode' which means I (try to) accept the fact that I won't have total control for a while.
I usually (try to) replace the bad stuff with more veggies.

arlin:
We've pretty much stopped going anywhere else to eat but home for the time being. We just don't feel we need the stress of trying to make it work when we're just now getting our feet wet and trying to figure out if we're doing this right. So we're being very careful. I know in time we'll feel more confident in our new found knowledge and be able to choose restaurants that can fit our needs and be picky about what we choose to order. We have ordered take out once since going on the plan, but made sure it was something like a steak salad.

I used to love to go out because I hated to cook! But now I really have no desire to eat out. I'm enjoying my time in the kitchen like never before and love trying out all the new recipes. My DH and DS are keeping me on track as to what is a "keeper" and what's not. So far, ALL keepers! :)

Rita:

--- Quote --- But now I really have no desire to eat out. I'm enjoying my time in the kitchen like never before and love trying out all the new recipes.
--- End quote ---

Funny you say that.  I'm really enjoying my time in the kitchen these days as well.

arlin:
Rita, part of the fun is playing with some new toys!  :D For instance, I never felt the need for a food processor in the past, but now I use it almost daily. I'm all for new toys and gadgets! Who says that boys get to have the monopoly on that!! LOL

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version