This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Diet Milk?  (Read 1668 times)

Lynda (Fl)

• Wheat-free for 4 years
    • View Profile
Diet Milk?
« on: September 18, 2013, 08:48:33 AM »
Yes, the folks at WhiteWave are considering introducing 'diet milk'.  It will be watered down skim milk with added ingredients to give mouth appeal, you know, like fructose and stuff!  I don't know about you, but the idea of 'diet milk' makes me nauseous.  As far as I know, this idea would eliminate most of the reasons I drink milk.  I am considering investing in this company because I have the horrible feeling this lousy idea may just take off.  On top of 3D food, this is scary.  Here we are trying to reintroduce real food and the manufactorers just keep inventing things to make us sick.  In another generation, the cooks won't know what food is.  Does this idea frighten anyone else as much as me?  (Add wanting to put sweetener in skim milk.) I know a lot of people can't tolerate milk but I know they won't stop at milk.  We need to get people to not buy this stuff so they won't see a profit in making any more.

scrupulousgirl

Re: Diet Milk?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2013, 08:54:31 AM »
Lynda,

Thank you for sharing. I found several Article on this via Google by searching White Wave Diet milk and it's definitely out there and it is alarming! I agree with you that the Food manufacturers won't stop at Milk. They'll probably have Diet cheese, yogurt and who knows what else.

Lynda (Fl)

• Wheat-free for 4 years
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2013, 09:31:38 AM »
I'm sure you are right, Scrupulous.  Let's see... 3D Oreos and a glass of Diet Milk, Ymm!

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2013, 09:32:45 AM »
More 'diet' than skim milk?   And fructose is what causes the 'fat switch'.   

Wonder what kind of marketing they'll do and how many people they'll brainwash.   They'll probably start by giving classes to registered dietitians ( as they are funded by the processed food industry ) at the next dietitian convention.  Dietitians will give doctors the 'update' and then doctors will pass the info onto patients.  Before you know it, it'll be the hot seller.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 10:38:26 AM by Rita »

Lynda (Fl)

• Wheat-free for 4 years
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2013, 10:11:08 AM »
I fear you just stated their five year developement plan, Rita.  Then it will be in the schools because, of course, we can't have children drinking whole milk!  This is the whole build a better mousetrap thing.  If we had all listened to great grandma, she would have told us to just get a cat. Too bad there's no money to be made from cats.

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2013, 10:11:08 AM »

Sponsored Links