This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Wheat free Apple Crisp ideas?  (Read 1355 times)

Mistyblue

• View Profile
Wheat free Apple Crisp ideas?
« on: October 06, 2013, 07:12:50 AM »
Anyone have a recipe for a wheatfree Apple
crisp? Thanks in advance!

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
Re: Wheat free Apple Crisp ideas?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2013, 08:06:20 AM »
Misty,

Elana's Pantry has a nice recipe.  Google it.  Don't forget to change the sweetener to a WB acceptable one!  There are many delicious recipes on paleo web sites too.  While delicious and a favorite dessert of mine, don't forget the carb count is very high so this is a food that should be eaten sparingly.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 04:40:39 PM by Barbara from New Jersey »

Mistyblue

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2013, 05:05:59 PM »
Barbara
Thanks so much!! I made it and substituted
cocoanut oil for the other and Splenda
for sweetener, added cream from cocoanut
milk...delicious!!

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2013, 01:58:26 PM »
Misty,

For special treats, make Judy Rodger's (of Zuni Cafe fame) Roasted Apple Sauce and use it to make her Savory Apple Charlottes.  Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream.  Google " Judy Rodger's Roasted Apple Sauce and Savory Apple Charlottes for the recipe. 

I know apples have lots of carbs!  This is a very special treat, no sugar added, and the caramelized apples soaked in your WB buttered bread is heavenly.  It is a wonderful "apple pie" substitute for Thanksgiving dinner.  It is made in ramekins or small bowls as individual servings.

The roasted apple sauce method is super easy and I like it much better than the usual on top of the stove method.  Try it with some very tart apples in addition to sweeter ones!

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2013, 01:58:26 PM »

Sponsored Links