This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Agave Nectar  (Read 1817 times)

KareMI

• View Profile
Agave Nectar
« on: October 07, 2013, 02:48:43 PM »
 I hope someone here on the forum can answer my question. I bought a cookbook called The Gluten Free Almond Flour Cookbook, which was recommended in Dr. Davis' cookbook. Many of the recipes call for agave nectar but I know from reading Dr. Davis' book that it is a problem source of fructose. What should I use in place of this? Many of the recipes look really good.

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
Re: Agave Nectar
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2013, 03:19:25 PM »
Stevia, Swerve, Truvia, Splenda, xylitol, WFMF sweetener, monk fruit to name a few.  Use sweeteners listed in the WB cookbook.

Lynda (Fl)

• Wheat-free for 4 years
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2013, 03:27:06 PM »
I have that book but have only made the blueberry muffins and the pancakes.  Both were delicious and we have them frequently.  I add Truvia, to taste, and add milk to the pancakes till it's the right consistency.  The agave is liquid and the liquid needs replacing with something.  Don't worry about ruining any of them, the almond flour seems to taste great no matter what  :)

KareMI

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2013, 04:07:23 PM »
We have been using the almond flour for quite a few months now and just love it. Thanks for the suggestions. Will try the stevia with some coconut milk added.

Lynda (Fl)

• Wheat-free for 4 years
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2013, 04:21:41 PM »
The coconut milk should be delicious.

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2013, 04:21:41 PM »

Sponsored Links