This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Carbs  (Read 2418 times)

Lila

• View Profile
Carbs
« on: October 08, 2013, 04:38:12 AM »
Is it possible to not get enough carbs? 

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
Re: Carbs
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2013, 04:57:52 AM »
Of course.  Just eat mainly meat/dairy and few, if any, veggies or fruit. 

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2013, 05:03:27 AM »
Dr.Perlmutter, author of "Grain Brain", when asked that very question, replied "While we do require protein and fat, the human requirement for carbohydrates is none, none whatsoever".

Randal

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2013, 08:51:36 AM »
I had the same argument with my mother. You don't need any carbs. Carbs only do two things: prevent you from burning fat, and get stored as fat.

Linda R

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2013, 09:14:49 AM »
I've eaten less than 20 carbs a day for over 5 years and feel fine.
Never get sick.
No common colds or flu, no stomach problems.
Headaches are rare and short lived.

My carbs tend to come from a few veggies or berries, baked items using almond flour.

I only see a physician for glaucoma, which is being controlled by daily drops.
I stay away from doctors and clinics, threw my statins in the trash and don't give a crap about my lipid results.

Cholesterol testing, to me, is a waste of time and money. Until the medical establishment FINALLY comes to it's senses and realizes
that fat is good and Cholesterol numbers have no meaning, I am not contributing to the insanity.

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2013, 10:20:41 AM »
I've eaten less than 20 carbs a day for over 5 years and feel fine.
Never get sick.
No common colds or flu, no stomach problems.
Headaches are rare and short lived.

My carbs tend to come from a few veggies or berries, baked items using almond flour.

I only see a physician for glaucoma, which is being controlled by daily drops.
I stay away from doctors and clinics, threw my statins in the trash and don't give a crap about my lipid results.

Cholesterol testing, to me, is a waste of time and money. Until the medical establishment FINALLY comes to it's senses and realizes
that fat is good and Cholesterol numbers have no meaning, I am not contributing to the insanity.

I'm with you Linda.....since going WB, I haven't had my annual sinus infection and/or head cold.....no seasonal allergies.....my eyesight improved....I feel great and weigh less than I did in high school so I'm inclined to forgo the medical community too until it's functional!

Lynda (Fl)

• Wheat-free for 4 years
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2013, 10:59:11 AM »
The only reason not to listen to our impressive results is sheer stubborness.  Let's pay them back by dancing in our nineties.

arlin

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2013, 10:55:22 AM »
Or hundreds.... :D

Bravo Linda R.! I too only see my doctor once a year for my thyroid test and Armour prescription. I know I have to do this for the rest of my life because I have no thyroid gland at all so I'll always need to supplement it. But I feel so much better that I'm getting less and less concerned with numbers. They keep changing the "required numbers for good health" anyway so what's the point? If I die because I ignored their standards, oh well. At least I died having enjoyed some of the best foods I've ever eaten, and felt fantastic and energetic while doing it.  :)

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2013, 10:55:22 AM »

Sponsored Links