This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Arugula and Dill Frittatas  (Read 1103 times)

arlin

• View Profile
Arugula and Dill Frittatas
« on: October 08, 2013, 06:37:34 AM »
I made these for dh to take to work for breakfast and he loved them. I ususally just make him omelets to take but he wanted some variety. They might also make a good afternoon snack or light lunch. Package them up as twosies and put them in the fridge. They'll last the week.

Makes 9 frittata "muffins". Preparation time: 30-45 minutes

3 TBSP butter or olive oil, divided
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 C diced red bell pepper
2 C chopped arugula
6 eggs
1/4 C heavy whipping cream
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 C chopped fresh dill (or 2 TBSP dried dill)
3/4 fresh grated parmesan cheese

1. Pre-heat oven to 350
2. Heat 2 TBSP butter or olive oil in a medium-sized skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for one to two minutes. Add red pepper and cook until the pepper is soft, about two to three minutes. Add the arugula and cook for one to two minutes until wilted. Turn off heat.
3. Prepare 9 muffin tin cups by oiling with the remaining butter or oil. In a large bowl, whisk eggs with the cream and salt. Fold the chopped dill, parmesan, and arugula mixture into the eggs. Once it is incorporated, pour approx. 1/4 C into each of the 9 muffin cups. Place in the center of theoven and bake until the egg is firm in the middle, about 20-25 minutes.

I think next time I make these I might use papers in the tins. They seemed to stick a little and were a bit hard to get out of the muffin cups. I also might try them with spinach sometime instead of arugula.

deanna in AR

• WF Sept. 2011
    • View Profile
Re: Arugula and Dill Frittatas
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2013, 01:18:24 PM »
These sound good. I really like arugula. We had frittatas this week too.

Lynda (Fl)

• Wheat-free for 4 years
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2013, 03:23:18 PM »
Never thought of arugula in a frittata, sounds interesting.  Seems anything goes in a frittata.

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2013, 03:23:18 PM »

Sponsored Links