This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: What the heck?  (Read 3017 times)

Teresa

• View Profile
What the heck?
« on: October 09, 2013, 11:23:07 AM »
http://www.krdo.com/news/pat-robertson-lowcarb-diets-violate-gods-principles/-/417220/22350158/-/xopn3gz/-/index.html

Nothing against Pat Robertson or religion in general, but seriously?  And clinkers, sounds scientific.  Eight months and no clinkers for me yet.  I wonder what he thinks of the gross gastro-intestinal side effects of wheat and other grains which is where the majority of my carbs were coming from.  Let me tell you, there was nothing pure and good about THAT!
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 01:46:51 PM by Teresa »
~Teresa

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
Re: What the heck?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2013, 11:52:53 AM »
Religion aside, I think this might be a perfect example of a grain brain in action!

Lynda (Fl)

• Wheat-free for 4 years
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2013, 12:17:12 PM »
Definately, too much bread! The poor man can't read straight anymore.  I don't remember any 60% grain requirements. 

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2013, 01:49:13 PM »
Oh Boy!  When you get the religious viewpoint saying that God WANTS us to eat wheat, we have been making quite a difference.

If you don't eat wheat then does that mean that you are going against God's will?  Even if this wheat is making me/us sick? 
 I really, really dislike bringing God into the choices of food I place in my mouth.  I am thankful for the abundance and delicious, beautiful foods that I have available.  I choose what I want to eat for my meal.  I just don't believe that God really is in the food business as Robertson implies.  Yes, we need sustenance.  There are many choices available for that.  Is the FDA Food Pyramid God's creation?  Does he plan menu's too?

To me, this is like the Taliban requiring woman wear black clothes that cover everything except their hands, eyes and foreheads, while saying that this mode of dress is God's will.   

Sorry for my rant, but I get rather tired of being told I am a sinner going  against God's will because I refuse to eat something that makes me ill.  Grain Brain indeed.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 08:33:39 AM by Barbara from New Jersey »

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2013, 01:51:19 PM »
Oh brother!   I agree with all of you....  must be Grain Brain.

arlin

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2013, 02:59:56 PM »
Holy shit. Pardon the pun.

HungryinTN

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2013, 03:02:31 PM »
Holy shit. Pardon the pun.

That about sums it up. 

Lynda (Fl)

• Wheat-free for 4 years
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2013, 03:31:08 PM »
Sure does!

Linda R

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2013, 05:42:47 PM »
My $.02.

Would never have even bothered to follow a link that contains Pat Robertson's name

He is a homophobic old fool who should have retired years ago.

Why are there still people listening to the garbage coming from him?

Isn't it time for his 15 minutes of fame to end?

LOL

mosey

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2013, 07:08:58 AM »
Pat Robertson is a complete waste of time!

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2013, 02:45:22 PM »
Not that I want to give more air time to Pat Robertson, but the following broadcast featuring a  positive spin on WB with Dr. Davis was aired 1 or 2 years ago on cbn.....I think it's archived on WBB. Robertson's change of heart is most likely inspired by advertising dollars and not God.

http://www.cbn.com/tv/1407079598001
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 04:16:09 AM by Jan in Key West »

LibbyMe

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2013, 08:25:11 AM »
I used to watch The 700 Club years ago with Pat Robertson...back then it was o.k, for the most part.  But in recent years...maybe it could have begun when he wanted to run for president...he seemed to become a bit "whack-ko".  His age also seems to be showing recently on his program.  I've seen his co-host try to deflect his statements etc.

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2013, 08:25:11 AM »

Sponsored Links