This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Should you eat chicken?  (Read 1013 times)

Linda R

Should you eat chicken?
« on: October 17, 2013, 09:03:21 AM »
Good article.  I am glad to be picking up two large stewing hens from my LOCAL Iowa Food Coop this afternoon. Gives me more peace of mind.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/16/opinion/bittman-should-you-eat-chicken.html?pagewanted=1&_r=0&adxnnl=1&smid=tw-share&adxnnlx=1382022000-CQ4apRoa/i0gfzzQ0SndKw

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
Re: Should you eat chicken?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 09:50:13 AM »
Linda,

Wow!   Really food for thought! 

About 12 years ago, just before a big contamination scandal broke, I purchased about 20 lbs. of boneless breasts for a family party.  I cooked it up and placed the pot overnight in an unheated enclosed porch room overnight where the temperature outside was in the single digits at night.  The next day, I was going to transfer this to the car with other foods I prepared and the large pot was very warm!  How could this be?  The room temp was 25*!  Frantic calls to my sister who bought catered stuff to take its place.  The salmonella scandal was in the news 2 days later and about a dozen people died. 

That was so scary to me that I wash and wash chicken carefully, almost to the point of being obsessive-compulsive now.  There were many elderly loved ones at this party who might not have survived whatever poisonous bacteria was in the chicken.

In my opinion, you are smart in purchasing locally raised chickens because these farmers/producers can't afford a scandal and are much cleaner.  Thanks for posting this.

Wheat Free Forum

Re: Should you eat chicken?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 09:50:13 AM »

Sponsored Links