This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Dr. Oz Positive to LCHF Against Alzheimer’s!  (Read 1187 times)

Linda R

Dr. Oz Positive to LCHF Against Alzheimer’s!
« on: October 24, 2013, 10:52:56 AM »
I thought of adding this to my recent post regarding saturated fats, however, I was so blown away by the reversal in attitude of "America's Doctor", [I actually hate that title, how did he earn that kind of recognition?]
that I felt it deserved it's own post.

http://www.dietdoctor.com/dr-oz-positive-lchf-alzheimers

Bob Niland (Boundless)

• View Profile
Re: Dr. Oz Positive to LCHF Against Alzheimer’s!
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2013, 11:43:35 AM »
Sure, but what will his posture be next week?

Hint: see what the ads are that support the show.

Dr. Oz is in a tough position, and one that calls for great skepticism on the part of his viewers.

He is, however, exposing a huge audience to some key books and concepts, and once they grasp the implications, they can shrug off any food fad of the moment pandering on other days. More likely, though, as with our household, we just never watch the guy unless some interesting personality is on, and the segment is available on the web.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 12:03:19 PM by Boundless »

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2013, 11:44:42 AM »
Dr. Perlmutter was a (past) advisor on the Dr. Oz show so there's a history there....thought it was a good segment, unfortunately too short, but will hopefully spark some further interest in the viewing public.

It will be interesting to see if Dr. Oz does change his nutritional tune.....and if he does, how that will influence his future advertising dollars......keep me apprised since I don't usually watch the show.

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2013, 11:59:02 AM »
At least he is exposing a large segment of America (and other countries) to many different viewpoints and ways of thinking about medicine, your symptoms and what to do about it.  Like Boundless indicated, he is providing us with many key concepts and books.  The rest is up to us to make a decision about these ideas and pursue them.  Without him, we probably wouldn't have had the exposure or discussions at all. 

Linda R

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2013, 03:17:47 PM »
Dr. Perlmutter was a (past) advisor on the Dr. Oz show so there's a history there....thought it was a good segment, unfortunately too short, but will hopefully spark some further interest in the viewing public.

It will be interesting to see if Dr. Oz does change his nutritional tune.....and if he does, how that will influence his future advertising dollars......keep me apprised since I don't usually watch the show.

I don't either, Jan. Nor do I watch any of the medical shows, or any of the spin-offs from Oprah.
I much prefer to read the blogs here on the net and read books recommended by Tom Naughton or Dr. Davis, etc.

On Twitter, Dr. Davis has been posting tweet after tweet regarding folks who have lost tons of weight and made huge medical improvements in their lives.
Tom recently posted letters from his followers regarding the same kind of changes after dropping the SAD and switching to a LCHF WOE, and they are so inspiring to read.

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2013, 03:17:47 PM »

Sponsored Links