This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: 13 Nutrition Lies that Made theWorld Sick and Fat  (Read 2330 times)

Linda R

Re: 13 Nutrition Lies that Made theWorld Sick and Fat
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2013, 02:16:02 PM »
Too bad we can't have that posted on billboards all across this country!
Then perhaps it would BEGIN to sink in to the American psyche.

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2013, 02:49:56 PM »
The message is starting to hit main stream media.   My class thinks it's because Grain Brain is #1 on the NYT Best Seller list.

Lila

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2013, 04:39:48 PM »
Can it be any clearer than this?  Bravo!

Lynda (Fl)

• Wheat-free for 4 years
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2013, 12:06:09 PM »
There's real fear out there about Alzheimer's, etc. so now maybe they'll listen more.

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2013, 02:26:55 PM »
And wait until after the summit.   I predict a windfall of media on this topic of food, statins, cholesterol, etc.   The truth is starting to come out.

arlin

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2013, 02:58:15 PM »
I hope the summit has a huge impact Rita. Can't wait for it to start! I get excited at how fast this movement seems to be reaching so many via social media. More and more people all the time seem to have heard of wheat/grain/sugar free WOE. Maybe it's just that I'm eating this way now that I notice. Kinda like you never notice how many pregnant ladies are walking around til you're pregnant yourself  ;) But whatever, it's good news.

Just talked to another one of my sisters this morning who is now wanting to do this very badly. Just didn't know where to start. Was trying to "wean" herself off. I told her to just start. Today. No looking back. She says she's going to clean her pantry/cupboards out, go shopping and start right in. No more pussyfooting around with it. YAY!!

Lila

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2013, 04:03:48 PM »
I hope to be able to attend some of the summit.  I'd love to hear some of the speakers.

I found another similar nutrition lies article from February.  http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2013/02/25/mainstream-nutrition-biggest-lies.aspx

The one that touches me most is the one about artificial sweetener.  Diet Coke, bah humbug!  I used to drink a six pack a day thinking that since there are zero calories it is good for you to drink.  That may be the biggest lie of all for those of us who have been heavy all our lives. 

The next one is about milk, although I grew up on raw milk and we churned our butter so that was probably the healthiest thing we had except for eggs and uncured hog belly.  But then there were the biscuits and gravy, fried chicken, mashed potatoes.  The worst thing was that my mother fed me evaporated milk mixed with HFCS when I was a baby.  That was probably the beginning of it all.

VibeRadiant

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2013, 07:10:31 PM »
I'll be listening live to the summit on November 11, but the rest will have to be as a download. But I am looking forward to it!

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2013, 07:10:31 PM »

Sponsored Links